Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2015 - 11:54PM #41
in_my_opinion

Have always wanted a 50 to 80 pound cat.

But there are tiny miniature cats of about mouse size.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2015 - 9:27AM #42
world citizen

Jun 5, 2015 -- 12:12PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

Also WC I have been reading Gleanings. A few pages every morning. it is sort of a hard read but i'm liking it so far.

What a beautiful way to begin the day, Jupiter!

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2015 - 9:32AM #43
world citizen

Jun 5, 2015 -- 11:54PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

Have you considered an ocelot or lynx?  Wink

I'm still a cat fancier, always having had one in my younger days when I lived in apartments.  Have never heard of a breed as small as a mouse though.  Now that I have a big yard, it requires a big dog, or two, or three but all of my animals have been members of the family.  None have lived outside.  I've been taking in rescue dogs for three decades now.  A few I kept but most I got back to health, worked with them on their people skills, and then found them permanent homes.

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2015 - 9:34AM #44
world citizen

Jun 5, 2015 -- 12:09PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

I agree i like big dogs too like German Shepherds and the like. but i love and adore my Cockalier.

I wonder if your Cockalier knows he once resembled a wolf in the wild?  Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2015 - 10:50PM #45
in_my_opinion

Jun 7, 2015 -- 9:32AM, world citizen wrote:

Jun 5, 2015 -- 11:54PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

Have you considered an ocelot or lynx?  Wink

I'm still a cat fancier, always having had one in my younger days when I lived in apartments.  Have never heard of a breed as small as a mouse though.  Now that I have a big yard, it requires a big dog, or two, or three but all of my animals have been members of the family.  None have lived outside.  I've been taking in rescue dogs for three decades now.  A few I kept but most I got back to health, worked with them on their people skills, and then found them permanent homes.

Close family member once had an African leopard while pioneering.

Have considered Cheetahs, but they're too skinny looking, although eminently trainable. Unfortunately their claws don't retract and they love to run a lot. They do have a good sense of humor.

Other cats are very hard to train safely, maintain as trustworthy pets, and are often too dangerous. The big ones eat a great deal, which is economically difficult.

One breed of little domestic cats are from Britain. Wonder if they might be good mousers. They're small enough to go through mouse holes; but are they tough enough to take on opponents of equal weight and size?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook