Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Host training thread.
3 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2014 - 12:10PM #1
JCarlin

Welcome to the fray!

J'Carlin is one of the problem members on any thread he posts on and will be here. 

I will be responding to posts from Origins

Use the appropriate tool to deal with the post.  For the time being do not use the REPORT POST button here, but it is your friend on your boards.  If you are unsure about a post report it and community mods will jump in to help. 

Two ways to communicate.  Email JCarlin  (First tool) click on head and shoulders icon on this post, select email member from drop down and write away.  Before you do look at the rest of the choices you have on that tool.  Don't use them at this point. 

(Second tool)-------------------e---d---i---t---e---d-------------------

Once you get my data into your phone use the orange edit button to delete the contact info sentence.  

Moderated by Roymond on Feb 04, 2015 - 08:24PM
J'Carlin
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't cram your foot in it and complain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2014 - 12:53PM #2
JCarlin

General note. Beliefnet messaging is iffy, some members seldom notice their email notifications above the orange and blue bars next to profile icon.  If you email a member and they don't respond, community has a backup. 

Moderated by Jcarlinbn on Feb 04, 2015 - 06:17PM
J'Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2014 - 2:35PM #3
JCarlin

J'Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2014 - 7:59PM #4
JCarlin

Definition:  Community is shorthand for the beliefnet community profile the Blue Swirl is the link. 

Practically that means that members are notified of all moderator actions from the community mailbox, and replies go back to that mailbox not the moderator.  Access to Community profile is restricted to Cynthia, Molly and I at this point.  We can see post modifications, except self mods by members, get their replies to mod actions, and any comments directed to the blue swirl.  Community profile also has access to reported posts which are checked frequently, generally relevant ones are referred to forum hosts for action.  We don't bother with obvious trash.   

J'Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2015 - 6:24PM #5
Jcarlinbn

This is your thread to play on.  You can post something, edit it, delete it and play with the quote functions etc.  

Some things to get started with below.   More to come this evening.  

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2015 - 7:49PM #6
Roymond

Copy this post then

Use the delete button to remove this post.

Notice the popup.

Default is the member will be notified.  If you don't wish to notify the member uncheck the box at the bottom. 

Select a reason from the drop down panel on reason window Usually courtesy, but violate guideline is common as well. 

Start a note with the ROC # of the violation, add any comment, concise and impersonal.  Usually "Discuss post content not members." ROC link is always available at the bottom right of the Blue Bar. 

{ edit:  sounds like I should keep a tab on my browser linked to the ROC with a while }

Generally sign the deletion (Roymond) so member can respond to you if needed.  The notice will come from Community in any case.  A response will go to Community with your note copied.  Paste the post into the notification window below your comment and sig.   It will take the whole thing but you have to scroll to read it. 

{ edit: oops -- I must have missed that. Back to try again. }

You have to click the DELETE box and ARE YOU SURE to complete the deletion.  Or you can CANCEL.

Moderated by Jcarlinbn on Feb 04, 2015 - 06:15PM

J'Carlin

So, why did I copy this?

Ohh -- look; it carried your signature formatting forward.  Better turn that off.

I notice there's no option to send the post to the person with comments.  I found that a VERY useful thing back in the day when I hosted "Wild Talk", to make clear just what the problem was, especially for people who post a lot and don't remember what they'd posted.  Maybe that's the teacher in me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2015 - 8:05PM #7
Roymond

Sep 16, 2014 -- 7:59PM, JCarlin wrote:

Definition:  Community is shorthand for the beliefnet community profile the Blue Swirl is the link. 

Practically that means that members are notified of all moderator actions from the community mailbox, and replies go back to that mailbox not the moderator.  Access to Community profile is restricted to Cynthia, Molly and I at this point.  We can see post modifications, except self mods by members, get their replies to mod actions, and any comments directed to the blue swirl.  Community profile also has access to reported posts which are checked frequently, generally relevant ones are referred to forum hosts for action.  We don't bother with obvious trash.   

So if a member wants to respond to me for one of these "deleted" messages, my screen name has to be pasted in manually?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2015 - 8:30PM #8
Roymond

BTW, what's a "Raelian"?

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook