Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2014 - 6:31AM #1
Freestyle

This tradition was inspired by my life as Mew Xacata, the Freestyle.  It is a Bahamian-styled tradition into which the Pagan of this path would customise his or her beliefs as according to a spiritual need.  It preaches absistance from worldly pleasures, sex, wine and lamb.  The last three are sacred. If you are "loosey-goosey" or just plain casual, then this Paganism is for you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2014 - 7:31AM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Freestyle:

I would  appreciate it if I had a following.

You are not happy to be solitary.

When unable to gain recognition or support from others, they take on the role of a heroic or worshipped person with a grandiose mission.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_perso...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2014 - 8:35AM #3
Freestyle

Jan 11, 2014 -- 7:31AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Freestyle:

I would  appreciate it if I had a following.

You are not happy to be solitary.

When unable to gain recognition or support from others, they take on the role of a heroic or worshipped person with a grandiose mission.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_perso...

I did not mean to tread on your toes, but there are so many "loosey-goosey" Pagans searching for a tradition and I made the ultimate sacrifice.  The Freestyle tradition is for them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2014 - 8:59AM #4
Karma_yeshe_dorje

G'day Freestyle:

I did not mean to tread on your toes, but there are so many "loosey-goosey" Pagans searching for a tradition and I made the ultimate sacrifice.

This is a wonderful sentence!

I have been told that my approach to Paganism is eclectic. Which I take to mean mongrel. And therefore of low status!

But I don't need to search. I find everything right where I am.

The delusions are generally fantastic and typically have a supernatural, science-fictional, or religious theme.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusion...

The Freestyle tradition is for them.

I can do freestyle.

The stroke used almost universally in freestyle races is the front crawl, as this style is generally the fastest. This swim style is also the most common and has longer distances, such as 1500M or the 1650 yard swim. For this reason, the term freestyle is sometimes used as a synonym for front crawl.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freestyle_swimming

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2014 - 10:37AM #5
Freestyle

Karma, you are funny!  If you want to stay where you are, then you may be a Freestyle Pagan.  Think of this as "Lutheran" Paganism.  I am granting the Pagan world my nickname -- into which is the basis of my username.  If a Pagan has unique beliefs, then he or she is a Freestyle Pagan.  As someone once said, "Good luck with your religion."  She said I made up my own religion.  I thought about it and then said, "What the heck!  I might as well give it to my fellow Pagans."  Certain Christian groups have been named after a person.  Why not have a Pagan tradition be named after a person.  I, too, thought it a bad idea, but after I remember the statement of my own religion, I think of it as the lesser of two evils.  I'm sorry, but I will risk humility for the pathless Pagans.  I don't really think the tradition would have 10,000 members, but then again, there are a good number of Pagans who are too unique for a tradition.  My problem is becoming a Freestyle Pagan myself.

Thank you for your heartwarming consideration.

Blessed be.

Mew Xacata

P.S. In order to be a Pagan, one must sustain from the Great Mother, or Gaia.

P.S.  In order to

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2014 - 10:58AM #6
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Dear Freestyle:

I am much too tired. But thanks for your cheerfulness!

If you want to stay where you are, then you may be a Freestyle Pagan.

Be here now.

If a Pagan has unique beliefs, then he or she is a Freestyle Pagan.

This is called "solitary" here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2014 - 11:07AM #7
Freestyle

Freestyle Paganism is solitary.  It means you can attend any Pagan group.  Think of it as a trump card.  You are a Pagan, and so am I.  Blessed be.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2014 - 1:20PM #8
Karma_yeshe_dorje

If ten thousand people were to follow you--then it wouldn't be solitary!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2014 - 2:48PM #9
Freestyle
Pagans follow Raven Mew.  If 10,000 people follow me, then I will be considered a cult leader, and we don't want that.  It seems to me that you are really a Buddhist into whom adopted some Pagan beliefs.  Either you go or I go.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2014 - 6:25PM #10
Freestyle

The reason I was concerned about Paganism is because it is 90 years old. Soon, it will be a century old and the older it gets, the more established it would become.  It is a traditional religion of modern Celtic origin accidently founded by Raven Mew in Ireland and became diverse throughout the past century.  The paths and traditions are inspired by a form of Western mythology.  For example, a Pagan belief system that resembles Egyptian mythology will be referred to as Egyptian Paganism.  I do believe in God, and I do believe in Jesus, but I am not a Christian.  Raven Mew was a Christian into whom received the pope's blessings after he heard the whole story.

I hope you understand. Thank you, my fellow Pagans.

Blessed be.

Mew Xacata

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook