Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View A Little Secret In Paganism
4 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2014 - 7:54PM #1
Freestyle

The holy book of Paganism is the Zelda, into which is an acronym for Zealous Everlasting Life of Divine Almighty. It was based directly on the Tao Te Ching. The word Pagan is an acronym for Providence Almighty Guardian Angel Nexus. Wicca stands for Wisdom Initiate of Celtic Christian Angels. Since the word nexus is Latin for "child," the Pagan is a Child of God.  (No offense intended.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2014 - 7:36AM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Freestyle:

You seem definitive.

This evening I went to a different Pagan group.

There were some Wiccans.

And also I got chatting with a guy who was into Hoodoo.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2014 - 7:47AM #3
Annie_alive

Jan 6, 2014 -- 7:54PM, Freestyle wrote:

The holy book of Paganism is the Zelda, into which is an acronym for Zealous Everlasting Life of Divine Almighty. It was based directly on the Tao Te Ching. The word Pagan is an acronym for Providence Almighty Guardian Angel Nexus. Wicca stands for Wisdom Initiate of Celtic Christian Angels. Since the word nexus is Latin for "child," the Pagan is a Child of God.  (No offense intended.)

I think you have made up your own religion.  It might be a good idea to give it a different name, or else it becomes confused with what is a generic name for nature religions. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2014 - 8:17PM #4
Freestyle

Jan 9, 2014 -- 7:47AM, Annie_alive wrote:

I think you have made up your own religion.  It might be a good idea to give it a different name, or else it becomes confused with what is a generic name for nature religions. :)

I was just kidding.  Raven Mew wrote her own version of the Tao Te Ching and had the Pope declare it a world faith.  Today it is 90 years of age.  Different Pagans have different beliefs regarding the Nexus, which is a Celticized Tao Te Ching.  The faith branched out over the past century and had names after the Western myths.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2014 - 8:58PM #5
Freestyle

Then again, we can have a Pagan tradition called Freestyle.  I represented all of Paganism ever since 1984, hence the name.  Paganism has diversified throughout the last century and grew fast.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2014 - 9:20PM #6
Freestyle
I have accidentally founded Freestyle Paganism, into which is anything you want.  I am an Orthodox Pagan, and yet I founded a Pagan tradition with elements from Orthodox Paganism.  I would not be surprised if I had a following.  In order to be a Pagan, one must sustain from the Great Mother, or Gaia.

Blessed be, and let the new tradition of Freestyle be heard.
Mew Xacata
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2014 - 11:53PM #7
Annie_alive

Jan 10, 2014 -- 8:17PM, Freestyle wrote:

I was just kidding.  Raven Mew wrote her own version of the Tao Te Ching and had the Pope declare it a world faith.  Today it is 90 years of age.  Different Pagans have different beliefs regarding the Nexus, which is a Celticized Tao Te Ching.  The faith branched out over the past century and had names after the Western myths.

Um, OK if you say so.  I've never heard of a pope declaring anything non-catholic a world faith, but there you go, life is full of surprises.

Good luck with your religion.  :) 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2014 - 2:18PM #8
Freestyle

The real secret of Paganism is that it had two forms, that being Orthodox (or Celtic) and Eclectic. Over the past century, it has diversified into an umbrella term for traditions inspired by Western mythology. For example, a Pagan belief system that resembles the Druids is called Druidic. Another example is Wicca, a Pagan belief system that resembles shamanic witchcraft (not satanic witchcraft). As Paganism grows older, its beliefs become more diverse, hence a new belief system into which resembles the New Age movement, hence Freestyle Paganism. That is all I have to say.  Besides, we are Pagans, not Heathens nor Satanists.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2014 - 9:33AM #9
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Thanks, Freestyle, for the suggestion. So after 1 AM I went out for a ten minute walk around a local park. The sky being clear, I watched the stars and our galaxy. And I saw my shadow cast by the moon. I heard the calls of frogs from the ponds. And I smelled the dry grass.

How do you connect with nature?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2014 - 12:40AM #10
Bowser

Pagan is a christian term. To be pagan isn't to worship one God, and who's to say our Gods we worship isn't worthy of the title of "God", I mean, they are deemed Gods.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook