Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View A foster child’s essay
5 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2013 - 10:31PM #1
MMCSFOX

My Foster Father:  A True Role Model

My foster father is the most important person to me because he opened his home for my brother and me.  He has taught me how to live life right, and he has provided comfort for my life.  If my foster father did not open his home for my brother and me, I do not know where I would be in my life.  My foster father has shown me crucial life lessons that will shape the development of my teenage life.  He has provided comfort for my life in many ways that has taught me to help like he helped me.

If my foster father did not open his home for my brother and me, I do not know where I would be in my life.  He opened his house for me so my brother and me can stay together and not get split up to different homes.  If my foster father did not open his house for my brother and me, I could be in a school that I do not want to be in and be in a school that I do not like.  If my foster parents did not open up their house for my brother and me, I could have messed up my life completely.

My foster father has shown me crucial life lessons that will shape the development of my teenage life.  He has shown me how to sand.  He taught me by showing and telling me how to do the sanding right.  Taking apart and assembling his bench and teaching me how to use tools properly.  My foster parents are shaping the development of my teenage life by teaching me how to work and teaching me how to do stuff on my own.

My foster father has provided comfort for my life in many ways that has taught me to help, like they help me.  My foster father has provided comfort for my life by taking my brother and me in, and also by helping me with everything like getting through foster care.  By also knowing how to take care of children and knowing to give everybody and chance, to help you know that you will never get a better foster house in your life.  But always remember that my foster foster is a true role model.

My foster father opened his home for my brother and me.  He has provided comfort for my life.  I do not know at this point in my life where I would be if my foster parents did not open their home for my brother and me.  My foster father has guided me on important life lessons to form my progressing teenage life.  My foster father has given comfort for my life in many ways that has shown me to guide like my foster parents guided me.

Optimist Foster Family client, male, aged 14.   www.oyhfs.org

At times I feel that we spend our time chasing fly specks while the most important things pass us by.
Jesse  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2013 - 9:20AM #2
MMCSFOX

Some interesting child programs most people do not know anything about but seem to be working well with proper training and supervision.

Whole Family Foster Homes

Optimist is one of five current Foster Agencies in Los Angeles County that has been approved by CCL and DCFS to participate in Whole Family Foster Home Program

WFFH was created specifically for pregnant and parenting teens whose child is not a dependent of the court. It’s intent is to keep the teen parent with their child and out of the foster care system by providing mentoring in the foster home and extra support services from DCFS and other programs throughout LA County.

To become a WFFH, the home must be certified and an initial 16 hour training completed which are offered at many local colleges. 

Extra Compensation Available!

If you are interested in this program, in the Los Angeles area, call and speak to one of our Social Workers to get started with the certification process! For more information, please call: Tel: (661) 272-4733

ALSO check the Optimist Youth Home and Family Service webb site at www.oyhfs.org for more information

Jesse

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2014 - 10:33PM #3
MMCSFOX

Below is another Optimist (www.oyhfs.org) foster child Essay. The Essay is used as a teaching tool with the kids. They also remind US that even though we can’t do a lot even a little bit help’s.

Jesse

Optimist Foster Family and Adoption Agency, Essay Contest Entry 2013

Name: …

Foster Home: Edmee …

My name is Rosa … I am 13 years old. I am the mother of a beautiful baby that is 10 month old. I am very happy, I have my baby and I am living here. I could not ask for anything else. I have the best Social Worker (Nelly), she has helped me a lot with diapers and always bringing clothes for my baby. That’s why I want to thank her, because she has listened to me and helped me when I needed it the most. Every time I have asked her for something she has always found a way to help me with what me and my baby need, that’s why I think she is the best social worker I have ever known. I want to thank her and all the people that have contributed with their support. These words are straight from my heart and I am very thankful for all of it. I would also like to thank my foster mother, as she nurtured and cared for me. She has been a great person to me and my baby, and she has given me unconditional affection when I am sad and frustrated with my feelings. She has taught me new things of how to take care of my baby but I also need the love of a mother. Unfortunately, I cannot get this from the woman that gave me life and I found it in my foster mother; the one person that I least expected. Life gives you many curves, and that is what happened to me. One day I was a little girl and in the blink of an eye, I was a mother, with responsibilities and homework. On one hand, I appear to be a normal girl at school and on the other I’m a mother, This is a beautiful thing to have a baby but then again I get sad sometimes and when I feel like I can’t go on I realize I have my foster mother who reminds me that I have to be happy with the life I have. I am very thankful I have my baby, because with all the darkness I have in my mind, he gave me light and joy he brought into my life. I would like to say “thank you” to all that have helped me.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook