Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Prop 8 and Following the Prophet
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2013 - 4:16PM #1
Acts 28:22
It is impossible to stand upright when one plants his roots in the shifting sands of popular opinion and approval.

Thomas S. Monson
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2013 - 3:49AM #2
BillThinks4Himself

Prop 8 couldn't survive a constitutional challenge.  I saw it.  I knew it.  I said it.  I was right.  The whole Prop 8 bandwagon was for nothing.  It was the modern equivalent of Zion's Camp.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2013 - 7:11AM #3
Acts 28:22

Jun 30, 2013 -- 3:49AM, BillThinks4Himself wrote:

Prop 8 couldn't survive a constitutional challenge.  I saw it.  I knew it.  I said it.  I was right.  The whole Prop 8 bandwagon was for nothing.  It was the modern equivalent of Zion's Camp.

You certainly hava right to your opinion Bill; perhaps you think the Church is now being disingenous with what LDS Church spokesman Michael Otterson said.   I think the consequences of it's implementation will come to pass as the Prophets have fortold.  I also don't think that gays and their allies will be satisfied simply with crossing this hurtle.  

The wording of Obama's statement speaks volumes to folks who can read between the lines.
 Obama: I won’t make churches conduct gay marriages

...but I think there have been some positive results as well

A Gay Mormon: Follow Up

It is impossible to stand upright when one plants his roots in the shifting sands of popular opinion and approval.

Thomas S. Monson
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook