Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
3 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2014 - 10:07PM #21
in_my_opinion

Jul 22, 2014 -- 6:40PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

Just like Bahai' s I think all religions are from and leads to the same source God.but I don't feel the need to join a particular Religion to realise that.

Realization is a personal relationship and is indeed connection to the Ineffable.

Religion has other aspects, though. The social side connects and mobilizes millions to unite and advance, improving the lot of humanity (at least those who become adherents and those who do not persecute them.)

Another and most important factor is the other side of the realization of which you spoke.

The recognition of the Truth is only half of a sentient's responsibility. That part is saying to God that you know you are Loved.

But it is not complete if you can't or won't say "I love you!" to God, too.

Revelation is made in order to benefit us.

God doesn't need anything from us. God's laws are solely for the good of God's creatures.

Our obedience (our love for God) gifts us all the bounties.

"4. O SON OF MAN!
I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.

5. O SON OF BEING!
Love Me, that I may love thee. If thou lovest Me not, My love can in no wise reach thee. Know this, O servant.

6. O SON OF BEING!
Thy Paradise is My love; thy heavenly home, reunion with Me. Enter therein and tarry not. This is that which hath been destined for thee in Our kingdom above and Our exalted dominion.

7. O SON OF MAN!
If thou lovest Me, turn away from thyself; and if thou seekest My pleasure, regard not thine own; that thou mayest die in Me and I may eternally live in thee.

8. O SON OF SPIRIT!
There is no peace for thee save by renouncing thyself and turning unto Me; for it behooveth thee to glory in My name, not in thine own; to put thy trust in Me and not in thyself, since I desire to be loved alone and above all that is.

9. O SON OF BEING!
My love is My stronghold; he that entereth therein is safe and secure, and he that turneth away shall surely stray and perish."

(Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2014 - 12:28AM #22
Aka_me

Just like Bahai' s I think all religions are from and leads to the same source God.but I don't feel the need to join a particular Religion to realise that.

the question of "why do Baha'i become Baha'i?" could be a conversation in and of itself...

when there is truth found in all global religions, and the existence of the Baha'i Faith creates yet one more group

have you asked a Baha'i from God's perspective why anyone should become a Baha'i?

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2015 - 9:01AM #23
Joclarkuno

I agree with you on:

being able to worship God in any worship center

but I feel it is important to be a member of the Bahai Faith because:

it unifies all other religions (usually there is arguement over which is best or "the only" one God accepts

it adds new philosophy: women being equals to men (for example)

It is "no harm" we are supposed to practice (imagine the heaven on earth it could obtain) Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2015 - 9:35AM #24
world citizen

Welcome to Beliefnet and to our little corner of its world, Jo!

One simple thing that seems to have been overlooked in that earlier discussion (2014) is that, to become a member of the Baha'i Faith, one must declare their belief in Baha'u'llah as God's Messenger in this Day/Age.  Those who believed in Jesus in His Day are known as Christians, having their own calendar and certain laws that differ.  Those who believed in Muhammad in His Day are known as Muslims, having their own calendar and laws that differ, etc.

The important difference is that Baha'u'llah is the "Promised One of the Ages" as foretold in the end-time prophesies of ALL the Scriptures, including the Vedic religions and indigenous oral traditions.  Many indigenous peoples have accepted Baha'u'llah because of their oral teachings.

If one accepts the Revelation of Baha'u'llah, one must accept His laws and all of His Revelation.  The laws are intended for the unification of mankind and unification of all faiths.  Straddling the fence by accepting what we like from each existing religion and rejecting what we don't like from each religion will never bring humanity to that promised Kingdom of God on earth.  Only full commitment to Baha'u'llah, now and in the future, will bring that dream to fruition.

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook