Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View An Inspiring Series of Talks by Tom Price on Re-creating Ourselves
5 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2013 - 2:44AM #1
Lilwabbit
...in the image of the Master.

They are very recent and can be both listened and downloaded here.

Kind regards,

Sam      
"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2013 - 11:15AM #2
world citizen

My daughter recently e-mailed me a link to his talk, praising it highly.  Am looking forward to listening to it if or when I can get the audio working again on my computer.  It's been down now for more than a week and am still trying to figure out the problem.  One day it was there; the next day it wasn't.  Soooo strange and very annoying.  Undecided  

Perhaps there is a way to obtain a transcript of the talk?

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2013 - 12:49AM #3
Lilwabbit

Feb 10, 2013 -- 11:15AM, world citizen wrote:

My daughter recently e-mailed me a link to his talk, praising it highly.  Am looking forward to listening to it if or when I can get the audio working again on my computer.  It's been down now for more than a week and am still trying to figure out the problem.  One day it was there; the next day it wasn't.  Soooo strange and very annoying.  Undecided  

The transcript wouldn't do justice to the talks. I hope and pray that your computer problem is fixed soon enough!

Sam

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2013 - 12:58PM #4
Aka_me

Feb 10, 2013 -- 11:15AM, world citizen wrote:

have you opened the Contol Panel and looked at the properties of Sound? sometimes the Speakers might be set incorrectly. cables attached? power is on? I have overlooked both more than once. tried headphones?

EDIT

listening to speech #3...

these speeches are the most powerful, moving, informative, IMPACTFUL, apropos, gold mine of meaning.

invite every person you know to listen.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2013 - 7:27PM #5
Seefan

Tom Price is a great Baha'i speaker.  Besides the sites posted here is another two part talk on transformation of the world and a three part talk called creating a new mind on YouTube ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRup66CtmA8 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTLz9V-SaPE 

Hope you enjoy it!  I certainly did ...

In the human world, if we do not understand the divine world, is that a proof that the world of God does not exist?  (Divine Philosophy, p. 117 ... Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2013 - 1:51AM #6
Aka_me

finished 6 files on Recreating Ourselves and 3 files on the 5 Year Plan during a road trip over the weekend...

and have a completely new view on life.

the destruction of the old world order had me worried, even angry at "society at large" for not being able to embrace "one planet, one family, one people".

don't know exactly how to put into words what is different now

WE are still going to be impacted during the destruction of the old world order

but now I embrace it, as God making good on His greater plan... as we just keep chuggin along on the lesser plan.

however!

being impacted is not the same as being victimized... because we're ARMED!

still debating whether to include "dangerous" with the word ARMED.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2013 - 3:10AM #7
Lilwabbit

Feb 19, 2013 -- 1:51AM, Aka_me wrote:

finished 6 files on Recreating Ourselves and 3 files on the 5 Year Plan during a road trip over the weekend...

and have a completely new view on life.

the destruction of the old world order had me worried, even angry at "society at large" for not being able to embrace "one planet, one family, one people".

don't know exactly how to put into words what is different now

WE are still going to be impacted during the destruction of the old world order

but now I embrace it, as God making good on His greater plan... as we just keep chuggin along on the lesser plan.

however!

being impacted is not the same as being victimized... because we're ARMED!

still debating whether to include "dangerous" with the word ARMED.

I'm very happy to hear you too found the talks helpful, Aka. Me and my wife found such cleansing and inspiration listening to the six talks on 'Abdu'l-Baha's virtues.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2013 - 2:43PM #8
Aka_me

I have one sister-in-law who declared Baha'i about 5 years ago. her 18 yr old son has shown no interest in the Faith, and my having read between the lines has been that 1. he dislikes morality being "preached at" people 2. believes all religions preach morality at people.

he was along on this road trip and I thought for sure he was listening to his iPod the whole time. my wife said he very much liked the CD we listened to while driving and wants his own copy.

slap me silly and call me sally...

you just NEVER know how people PREFER connecting the dots for themselves on epiphanizing what the Faith represents.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2014 - 2:16PM #9
Jeromes

This thread is a year old, but I just joined B'net and found it. I've enjoyed Tom Price's talks about changing the world on Youtube, and now I have more to look forward to! Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2014 - 2:50PM #10
Seefan

Jul 19, 2014 -- 2:16PM, Jeromes wrote:

This thread is a year old, but I just joined B'net and found it. I've enjoyed Tom Price's talks about changing the world on Youtube, and now I have more to look forward to! Thanks!

Yes Jeromes, I've found all of his talks equally inspiring.  Thanks for the reminder.  Time to listen again ... Smile

And welcome to Beliefnet ...

In the human world, if we do not understand the divine world, is that a proof that the world of God does not exist?  (Divine Philosophy, p. 117 ... Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook