Switch to Forum Live View Conversion to Bahai Faith
2 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2012 - 5:25AM #1
DariusBahai
Hello,

Dear Friends,

I've been Bahai by heart for 3 years and doing my prayers,... but I havent been able to register or sign a declaration car yet, cause with Iranian Passport I could travel to only a few countries where their dominant religion is Islam and their goverments dont allow a conversion from Islam.Therefore,I was wondering you you guys know anywhere that I could legally and officially convert to Bahai Faith. 

God be with you,

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2012 - 5:43PM #2
Aka_me

this is an exceptionally difficult situation. if you are Baha'i in your heart, then that's all that matters, an ID card is a trivial formality.

the difficult arrises when it comes government ID. I'm hoping someone else on the forum will address the topic regarding scriptual references to the obligation one has or doesn't have when it comes to identifying as a Baha'i.

I have LSA in couple days with Persian friends and will ask them if there's any formal declaration process.

it's a sad world we live in when the human right of believing as one chooses creates discrimination and persecution.

not being able to debate is one thing, employing censorship to avoid debate is beyond words.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 1:47AM #3
DariusBahai

yes,you are right,we all must be bahai in heart and it's between me and god,but to be honest with you, with all respect I have for Islam I dont find Islam a complete religion,for me there are a lot of paradoxes in it and I had lost faith. Before Id become bahai whoever asked me what my religion was, I would say "None".Now I dont want to be recognised as muslim.Is it so much to ask?

At the end I'm sentenced to 5 years in prison in Iran for doing business with a Bahai company.

Thank you so much

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 2:55PM #4
Sen_McGlinn

There is no need at all to go to another country and formally join the Bahai community. You are a Bahai when you know you are. No ceremony is involved.

The process of registering as a community member is a requirement (done differently in each country) that allows you to participate in administrative meetings and vote for and serve on Bahai institutions. Since there are no Bahai administrative meetings or institutions in Iran, there is no list of community members and no need for a list.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 6:00PM #5
Aka_me

Nov 20, 2012 -- 2:55PM, Sen_McGlinn wrote:

There is no need at all to go to another country and formally join the Bahai community. You are a Bahai when you know you are. No ceremony is involved.

The process of registering as a community member is a requirement (done differently in each country) that allows you to participate in administrative meetings and vote for and serve on Bahai institutions. Since there are no Bahai administrative meetings or institutions in Iran, there is no list of community members and no need for a list.

contributing money is another significant reason... contributing is an honor reserved only for declared Baha'i. as a treasurer I have to confirm ID before allowing someone to put their name on an envelope in the fund box.

is there no fund in Iran?

not being able to debate is one thing, employing censorship to avoid debate is beyond words.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 8:07PM #6
world citizen

Allah'u'Abha Darius ~

You do not say whether you actually still live in Iran, even though you have an Iranian passport.  If you wish to fully participate in all Baha'i activities (as already mentioned by Aka_me), it will be necessary for you to contact a Local Spiritual Assembly or a known Baha'i in the country or community of your choosing.  Not all countries require formal Baha'i ID but you should be on record as an "active" member of the Faith in order to contribute to the Fund, attend Feast/conferences/convention, etc.  If you live in the Middle or Near East, there are some countries not unfriendly to the Faith.  There are a number of active Baha'is for instance in Jordan and in Abu Dhabi.

Baha'un 'Alaikum, wc

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2012 - 2:06PM #7
in_my_opinion

Turkey is probably a good choice of where to join; but as mentioned earlier, Iran does not have a Bahá'í administration. When the government said we couldn't; the Faith immediately shut down all of its Local Spiritual Assemblies and its National Spiritual Assembly along with every lajneh (committee) and there isn't a single body or authorized individual of the Learned in the whole land.

We take our laws seriously and one of them is obedience to the government of our country.

Iranian Bahá'ís, therefore must be loyal well-wishers of the government of Iran, despite the fact that it wants to wipe them out and is trying to do so in many ways.

If, you are in a country that has banned the Faith and you want to be a Bahá'í, the best bet is to ask local Bahá'ís what to do. Some may know.

In the meantime you can study the Faith online and learn more; so, that you are sure of your belief.

One thing that may be difficult for you is knowing that we believe that Islam comes from God, that Muhammad is One of His Messengers and that the Bahá'í Faith fulfills its Prophecies.

The Faith is not a place to run away from Islam. It is the place that all Muslims should go to submit to the Will of God.

After you become a Bahá'í you can not hide your Faith. It is forbidden by our laws to deny our Faith, even under torture even when truly threatened with death.

Are you still sure you want to be a Bahá'í? If so, go for it! If, not; we still love you as a brother.

We also believe, Zardushti, Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism are from God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2012 - 11:38PM #8
DariusBahai

Nov 22, 2012 -- 2:06PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

Turkey is probably a good choice of where to join; but as mentioned earlier, Iran does not have a Bahá'í administration. When the government said we couldn't; the Faith immediately shut down all of its Local Spiritual Assemblies and its National Spiritual Assembly along with every lajneh (committee) and there isn't a single body or authorized individual of the Learned in the whole land.

We take our laws seriously and one of them is obedience to the government of our country.

Iranian Bahá'ís, therefore must be loyal well-wishers of the government of Iran, despite the fact that it wants to wipe them out and is trying to do so in many ways.

If, you are in a country that has banned the Faith and you want to be a Bahá'í, the best bet is to ask local Bahá'ís what to do. Some may know.

In the meantime you can study the Faith online and learn more; so, that you are sure of your belief.

One thing that may be difficult for you is knowing that we believe that Islam comes from God, that Muhammad is One of His Messengers and that the Bahá'í Faith fulfills its Prophecies.

The Faith is not a place to run away from Islam. It is the place that all Muslims should go to submit to the Will of God.

After you become a Bahá'í you can not hide your Faith. It is forbidden by our laws to deny our Faith, even under torture even when truly threatened with death.

Are you still sure you want to be a Bahá'í? If so, go for it! If, not; we still love you as a brother.

We also believe, Zardushti, Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism are from God.

yes,I still want to be a Baha'i, I made my mind years ago.

thanks 4 info

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2012 - 2:09AM #9
in_my_opinion

Nov 22, 2012 -- 11:38PM, DariusBahai wrote:

Nov 22, 2012 -- 2:06PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

yes,I still want to be a Baha'i, I made my mind years ago.

thanks 4 info

You're welcome, dear Darius!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook