Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Book recommendations?
5 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2012 - 3:07PM #1
Ianbird
I'm quiet interested in Scientology. The website has quiet a few books about it. I have no idea which one to buy that is easy and simple to understand. I'm not retarded or anything lol, but from reading sample pages, the writing seems kinda high for me considering I am
Only 17 and in special education classs for reading and math, however me being into metaphysics and other beliefs, I'm pretty sure my brain isn't a rock haha. Some of it is just hard for me to grasp and understand and I would love to understand this misunderstood and hated belief. I don't care for the media or what conspiracy people say about this belief so please do not post any bad talk on here. I am trying to keep an open mind and understand. I would prefer answers from Scientologist themselves if possible. Thank you and have a wonderful day! :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2012 - 11:33PM #2
Teacherhealer

Really, the best way to learn about Scientology is at their own web site www.scientology.org.   There is another one where you can actually do free online training -  www.volunteerministers.org   There you can apply it to your own life to see how the technology works for you.  

Also, a book to take a look at is called "What is Scientology".   It has questions and answers about everything a new person might want to know.   An easy book to start reading is called "Fundamentals of Thought" - there is a glossary (dictionary)  in back for words you might not get.  The library usually has a couple of these books for starting out.  

Looking up words makes a big difference.  They don't teach that in H.S.  It's amazing that once you start looking them up here and there, reading gets so much easier and then the understanding arrives. 

Let me know how it goes, ok?  I am interested.   

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook