Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View A universalist look at heaven...
6 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2012 - 12:04AM #1
Belieben
I'm bugged by the traditional view of heaven where life conludes, the good people rejoice, and the bad people burn. Too partisan. Too final. Too boring. I need something more compelling and encouraging for my kids.

Recently, I wrote a children's story for my daughter. I turned it into a video. You have to watch past the first quarter of the video to truly grasp what I was trying to get at.

Windows In The Street: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqRYY2jcYWk&feat...

Elements of the story were suggested in part by writings by George MacDonald and a poem by Robert Frost (see notes below video).

I have attempted to create a mythos which helps one develop a greater appreciation and understanding of this life, which in turn will develop appreciation and understanding for the next life. I am reminded of the words of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, "I do not pretend to describe things as they really are, but rather as we must picture them to ourselves so that the world may be true for us at this moment."

I would love to hear from you: what, if anything, did you find compelling? What, if anything, did you find appalling? How would you imaginatively reshape the story to better help you understand and love your life?
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook