Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2012 - 5:22AM #1
Freestyle

I am sorry for saying that Paganism is a hoax because of the Hemispheres' difference.  Not all Pagans celebrate the Wheel of the Year.  It's just that the New Age movement is really star worship and there has been dozens of bullcrap on the Internet about Paganism by college students pretending to be Christian clergy, but no decent minister, priest, rabbi or other pastor would ever condemn Paganism, for the Bible teaches "Do unto others what others do unto you" -- the very motif of religious tolerance.  Any minister in a Christian church who says Paganism is of the Devil (yes, Satan) is fraudulent, for no seminary would ever have any material on works against a certain religion.  Remember Hitler?  He called for all European Jews left behind to be extinguished in the death camps!  If that happens to us Pagans, then we have a problem.  Satan is a troublemaker who betrayed God (Gaia) because he was an ego-sick angel.  Maitreya is worse than Satan, for she would annihilate all evil.  Only God can do that.  I just want to prove that Paganism is a religion like all the rest and not some dumb movement.  I believe that the "pagan worship" of ancient Europe and Egypt is really called "heathenism" and that the religion  we are practicing is under attack by high school and college students who feel that their professors were teaching nonsense.  Please forgive me for overgeneralizing you and that I pray that you are forgiven for your faith, for after all, Jesus taught, "Love your neighbor as you would your God."

Blessed be.

By the way, so many persons could not tell Paganism from Heathenism (pagan worship).  Paganism is the religon of Serena Mew of Ireland with 1.6 billion followers practicing in secrecy within the Christian faith so as to "avoid discrimination."  Heathenism is the worship of multiple gods in Europe and Africa.  Mythology is heathen yet Gaia and Ultimate Realtiy is Pagan, for both are archetypial.  Paganism is a traditional religon because of its sense of humor.  If some sources say otherwise, remember that Shinto is the same way.  Both Paganism and Shinto are "the way of the gods."

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2012 - 10:46PM #2
gorm-sionnach

Are you a Troll?

I don't usually ask, but the level of stupidity evidenced by your comment is difficult to take seriouisly.

If you are being serious, would you mind explaining how the equatorial inversion somehow negates, not only the celebration of those days, but the entirety of Paganism?

You are aware that not every Pagan religion celebrates the "wheel of the year"?

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2012 - 10:15AM #3
Sacrificialgoddess

What?  There wasn't that much coherency there. Gorm, did you understand that?  I really didn't.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2012 - 11:31AM #4
Ajohns32

I'm new to this so I am asking this in all sincerity- does new age necessarily have anything to do with paganism? Are they similar? I guess I am asking because the first poster identified themself as a "newager" before making their comment. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2012 - 4:27PM #5
Aka_me

Aug 15, 2012 -- 11:31AM, Ajohns32 wrote:

I'm new to this so I am asking this in all sincerity- does new age necessarily have anything to do with paganism? Are they similar? I guess I am asking because the first poster identified themself as a "newager" before making their comment.

this thread should have been moved to the Discuss forum 3 weeks ago.

anyway... new age "could" be considered a larger but newer unorganized umbrella which includes and/or draws from paganism.

The New Age movement includes elements of older spiritual and religious traditions ranging from atheism and monotheism through classical pantheism, naturalistic pantheism, pandeism and panentheism to polytheism combined with science and Gaia philosophy; particularly archaeoastronomy, astronomy, ecology, environmentalism, the Gaia hypothesis, psychology and physics.

New Age practices and philosophies sometimes draw inspiration from major world religions: Buddhism, Taoism, Chinese folk religion, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism; with strong influences from East Asian religions, Gnosticism, Neopaganism, New Thought, Spiritualism, Theosophy, Universalism and Western esotericism.[8] The term New Age refers to the coming astrological Age of Aquarius.[1]

While the New Age lacks any unified belief-system, many spiritual practices and philosophies are common among adherents of the movement—sometimes referred to as New Agers.

Paganism is a blanket term, typically used to refer to religious traditions which are polytheistic or indigenous ...  In a wider sense, extended to contemporary religions, it includes most of the Eastern religions and the indigenous traditions of the Americas, Central Asia, Australia and Africa; as well as non-Abrahamic folk religion in general.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2012 - 4:00PM #6
mainecaptain

Aug 15, 2012 -- 11:31AM, Ajohns32 wrote:

new age and Paganism do not have much to do with each other. Paganism is an umbrella term for many, many different religions, not Abrahamic in nature.

Paganism spans the globe.

Some polytheistic, a few monotheistic, and some seem non theistic. Usually Earth focused but not always. There are more Pagans religions then I can count.

Please keep searching and asking questions, that is definitely part of Paganism, always learning.

P.S. Paganism has nothing to do with the Christian devil. Just in case someone says that to you one day.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2012 - 12:49PM #7
Freestyle
I have to take that back a bit.  Paganism is an alternative religion, meaning it is a religious philosophy.  No hard feelings.  An it harm none, do as ye will.

The New Age has a Wheel of the Year of it's own with December as the holy month of fasting.

The New Age (my religion) emulates a variety of sources because of this quote from it's holy book:

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do,for the Lord (or Goddess) is stern for how the actions we commit mean to another.  If we arrive in Rome and act like Greeks, then ew are at risk for being nailed to the Cross.". In Christian circles, I say, "God bless you.". In Islamic circles, I say, "Allah willing.". In Buddhist circles, I venerate the Buddha.  All of this is because I believe that we are God.  And in relation to the Devil, I want absolutely nothing to do to Satan.  Although I am a New Ager, I, too, believe in the Goddess -- but in a different way.

God bless you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2012 - 11:47PM #8
mainecaptain

Nov 14, 2012 -- 12:49PM, Freestyle wrote:

I have to take that back a bit. Paganism is an alternative religion, meaning it is a religious philosophy. No hard feelings. An it harm none, do as ye will. The New Age has a Wheel of the Year of it's own with December as the holy month of fasting. The New Age (my religion) emulates a variety of sources because of this quote from it's holy book: "When in Rome, do as the Romans do,for the Lord (or Goddess) is stern for how the actions we commit mean to another. If we arrive in Rome and act like Greeks, then ew are at risk for being nailed to the Cross.". In Christian circles, I say, "God bless you.". In Islamic circles, I say, "Allah willing.". In Buddhist circles, I venerate the Buddha. All of this is because I believe that we are God. And in relation to the Devil, I want absolutely nothing to do to Satan. Although I am a New Ager, I, too, believe in the Goddess -- but in a different way. God bless you.

Paganism is not an alternative religion. I have no idea what that means. It is not just a philosphy either. Paganism has existed since before  the Abrahamic have so it would be the Abrahamic that would be alternative religions

Re-read my previous post Pagan is an unbrella term that cover hundreds if not thousands of different religions.

I wish you peace in your jouney

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2012 - 12:58PM #9
Freestyle
The Paganism of today is a distorted form of Taoism -- the Celtic religion inspired by Chinese philosophy -- and I can prove it with the so-called "Wheel of the Year.". the Pagan calendar has no months of it's own, rendering the Sabbats biased.  I am not saying that you are bad folks.  I am just testing your reality orientation so you will not be persecuted.  On the other hand, though, we could use this "twisted Taoism" as proof that the Taoist faith is Celtic, founded in A.D. 1000 by 13-year-old maiden Ming Shang (given name Brittany Kay Morgan).  If Taoism was Chinese, then Paganism would resemble Zen Buddhism.  Just please be responsible with Paganism.  I appreciate it. Cheers!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2012 - 12:35AM #10
gorm-sionnach

Dec 17, 2012 -- 12:58PM, Freestyle wrote:

The Paganism of today is a distorted form of Taoism -- the Celtic religion inspired by Chinese philosophy -- and I can prove it with the so-called "Wheel of the Year.". the Pagan calendar has no months of it's own, rendering the Sabbats biased. I am not saying that you are bad folks. I am just testing your reality orientation so you will not be persecuted. On the other hand, though, we could use this "twisted Taoism" as proof that the Taoist faith is Celtic, founded in A.D. 1000 by 13-year-old maiden Ming Shang (given name Brittany Kay Morgan). If Taoism was Chinese, then Paganism would resemble Zen Buddhism. Just please be responsible with Paganism. I appreciate it. Cheers!

The Celts are not remotely connected to Taoism. The argument can be made that there are roots in indo-eurpoean languages, and so to some extent culture. There are similarities between the Celts and the Vedic cultures. The Celts had no connection with the Chinese, have no linguistic ties with the Chinese, and certainly since the greatest period of Celtic material culture occured well before CE 1000, positing that the "religion of the Celts" as being based on Taoist philosophy, is utter nonsense.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook