Switch to Forum Live View Is there a study guide on 7 valleys?
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 1:46PM #1
Seefan
I've read the seven valleys a bit ago!  Certainly is a great spiritual essay.  I'm thinking about re-reading it and was wondering if there is a study guide(s) explaining it meanings and giving some background ...

I have read the little book called "Reflection Comments on the 'Seven Valleys' by Jenabe E. Caldwell awhile ago.   Maybe I could re-read that as well ...

Or, although a hugh task, if anyone wants to take and explain it I'd love to read your comments.

look forward to some imput ... 

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 4:26PM #2
world citizen

Hello dear Seefan ~

To my limited knowledge, there has been no study guide forthcoming on Seven Valleys.  I have written to National with this inquiry and will advise when I receive their response.

Good question!!

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 10:05AM #3
Seefan

Jun 17, 2012 -- 4:26PM, world citizen wrote:

Hello dear Seefan ~

To my limited knowledge, there has been no study guide forthcoming on Seven Valleys.  I have written to National with this inquiry and will advise when I receive their response.

Good question!!

Thanks WC!  I'll look forward to whatever info you dig up!

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 4:04PM #4
Aka_me

it was briefly referenced once in an online course.

I very much like The Seven Valleys and the Four Valleys because it serves as a spiritual road map.

being a very "process oriented" person, it helps to have a map of what valley offers what challenge - as a means to growth.

on several occasions I've been struggling with something... and then say to myself "oh ya, that's a valley of X issue, and then frustration or angst is gone".

and for me, it was an epiphany to discover a person is never in just one valley in any given moment. we are all dealing with multiple valleys at the same time. it may be that our biggest "front and foremost" challenge deals with a single valley, but we are still progressing in the other valleys.

not being able to debate is one thing, employing censorship to avoid debate is beyond words.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 5:32PM #5
world citizen

To those interested ~

Reply from the Office of Communications at National included the following:

"Julio Savi wrote a book called “Towards the Summit of Reality”, which is quite in depth and which you may find helpful: www.amazon.com/Towards-Summit-Reality-In.... There is also a Wikipedia article on the Seven Valleys (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Valleys) that has some links to resources, including a Compendium on the Seven Valleys: bahai9.com/wiki/Seven_Valleys."

Trusting this will be helpful to those seeking a deeper understanding of Baha'u'llah's The Seven Valleys.

world citizen, moderator
Baha'i Faith forum

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 7:39PM #6
Seefan

Jun 19, 2012 -- 5:32PM, world citizen wrote:

To those interested ~

Reply from the Office of Communications at National included the following:

"Julio Savi wrote a book called “Towards the Summit of Reality”, which is quite in depth and which you may find helpful: www.amazon.com/Towards-Summit-Reality-In.... There is also a Wikipedia article on the Seven Valleys (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Valleys) that has some links to resources, including a Compendium on the Seven Valleys: bahai9.com/wiki/Seven_Valleys."

Trusting this will be helpful to those seeking a deeper understanding of Baha'u'llah's The Seven Valleys.

world citizen, moderator
Baha'i Faith forum

Thanks WC  I'll check out the sites you've posted ......

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook