2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 10:28AM #1
Erica_lynn
Hello, My name is Erica.

I am in an entirely desperate state of needing help. I am 19 and have done a lot of wrong in my past. I have lied, cheated, abused alcohol, and even took drugs. My mother recently found out everything I have done and I just I need to change. I have always been intrigued by buddhism, I am simply unsure what kind I am, and what I need to do in order to live buddhist. Somebody please help me. I have been lost on that wretched path far too long.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 5:10PM #2
Nino0814

Hi Erica,

Buddhism is more of a practice than a set of beliefs / ideas.  Buddhist meditation is a discipline that can help you bring clarity to a chaotic thought life!  

You may want to seek counselling from a trained Therapist.  Such counselling will only enhance any Buddhist meditation practice you follow.  

Nino

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 9:33AM #3
Laidy

Hi Erica,

It sounds as though you have learned a lot of lessons in your short life so far. Any lesson (wrong doing, or mistake) is just that, a lesson. Not a mistake or something to be regretted. All are stepping stones in our journey. Embrace them. Finding a counselor/therapist that you connect with could definitely help on your journey. Maybe help you to not feel alone or judged. Be patient, finding the right connection can take time.

Good luck, feel the positive!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 4:40PM #4
etoro

Jun 14, 2012 -- 10:28AM, Erica_lynn wrote:

Hello, My name is Erica.

I am in an entirely desperate state of needing help. I am 19 and have done a lot of wrong in my past. I have lied, cheated, abused alcohol, and even took drugs. My mother recently found out everything I have done and I just I need to change. I have always been intrigued by buddhism, I am simply unsure what kind I am, and what I need to do in order to live buddhist. Somebody please help me. I have been lost on that wretched path far too long.

Erica I had meant to respond the other day but something happened and my computer shut off. I am a member of the Soka Gakkai International in the United States, I practice in New York City the Bronx and we have member organizations all over the country.  Here are some resources and information for you to get an introduction on the Buddhist philosophy of the Lotus - Nichiren school and the modern members of the Soka Gakkai throughout the United States and the world.  Our goal is to help every person to become absolutely happy in this lifetime.

You should try and read and study as much as you can and then find out how you can get to a discussion meeting in your area. www.sgi-usa.org/newmembers/dailypractice...

All the Best

Eric

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook