Switch to Forum Live View Is anybody out there?
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 7:47PM #1
gorm-sionnach
I've been doing this, well longer than these threads go back, seeing as so much was lost during the last shift in the forum layout. You may have noticed that threads and replies to those threads have been growing sparser and sparser as time goes by. I will admit that my enthusiasm for this particular board has waned much over the last two or so years, mostly owing to the folks who I did speak to and who contributed to the forum on a regular basis moving on to other sites, and finding myself wanting a more robust/active environment. Still, keeping that faith as it were, I continued to poke about and respond to the few threads which actually cropped up from time to time. Sadly, even those seemed to be one off questions or opinions, and no further discussion developed. Certainly the Celtic Religions board has seen better days; so too have the Pagan/Reconstructionist boards in general seen a general decline in activitiy.

But, I'm still here, and still willing to press on and try and foster discussion and interaction for those who are willing to contribute or inquire about Celtic religion, myth or culture, in whatever context or tradition it may be. I am a GRP, so my perspective may be quite different from a Celtic Wiccan, Druid, Celtic Pagan or which ever other perspective one may come from.

Please feel free, though, to start your own discussions, provide opinions or ask questions if you have them. The older post do go back some time, but many of the original posts which made up those threads were lost during the aforementioned transistion to the new format. So while they may be useful, if you want to have a discussion, I would suggest starting a new thread.

If anyone is in fact out there, then maybe, just maybe we can reignite the little flame that this forum used to be. If not, well, at least it was a good run.

Gorm Sionnach
Celtic Religions Host      
Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2012 - 7:28PM #2
DanODea

I hadn't logged into beliefnet in months - maybe a year or more.

There is a fair amount of Celtic Recon & Druidic activity in some of the FB groups.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2012 - 5:37PM #3
gorm-sionnach

Oh I am well aware, and post with some regularity on a number of the CR and GP FB pages. Guess old habits can be hard to kick though.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2012 - 6:41AM #4
Pacificheart

Hey, I'm here... sorta. By that I mean I hadn't logged into Beliefnet in a looooong time. Life throwing a few curveballs and all. Haven't gotten much into the Facebook groups, though that sounds possibly interesting - because hey, who doesn't need another reason to spend yet more time on Facebook? Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2013 - 6:52AM #5
Iolanthe

Hello, I'm out here!

I'm Iolanthe and I'm very interested in Celtic mythology. I have Cornish blood going back generations on my dad's side.

I have a copy of Malory on my 'waiting to be read' bookshelf (rather alot but one can never have too many books.) At the moment I'm reading The  Mists of Avalon. 

I've also read the Mabinogion. 

Bright blessings X

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2013 - 6:13PM #6
gorm-sionnach

Feb 24, 2013 -- 6:52AM, Iolanthe wrote:

Hello, I'm out here!

I'm Iolanthe and I'm very interested in Celtic mythology. I have Cornish blood going back generations on my dad's side.

I have a copy of Malory on my 'waiting to be read' bookshelf (rather alot but one can never have too many books.) At the moment I'm reading The  Mists of Avalon. 

I've also read the Mabinogion. 

Bright blessings X

Well the Mabinogin is certainly the best available source for Brythonic material, so good choice. I could also recomend the "Lais of Marie De France", which has some Breton material as well.

Mists, I suppose if you like idealized feminist reimaginings, but given that there is a considerably better corpus of actual mythic texts, not the best of choices. I certainly wouldn't count it among "Celtic" mythology.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2013 - 9:51AM #7
Iolanthe
Thanks Gorm-sionnach for your reply. I'll certainly check out 'Lais of Marie De France.
No, I agree with you that 'Mists' isn't Celtic mythology, but I enjoy reading anything to do with the 'Arthurian' myth
or dark fairy tale fantasy. Pure escapism!
Iolanthe
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook