Switch to Forum Live View True Definition of RELIGION in Chinese - What is taoism?
3 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 4:06AM #1
Mak_jo_si
www.taoistmasterblog.com/definition-reli...

Read the real definition of RELIGION in Chinese from the east han dynasty, now you will know what TAOISM really is. From this point on, you will say all the people who claim there is religious Taoism and philosophy Taoism is all BS. There is no such thing. Unless you are uneducated on the Chinese literacy and you mis-understood what Taoism is about. Read the fact and see the dictionary quote from east han dynasty, trash all the western scholars who claim to know Taoism to the rubbish bins, I can't say no more, but really, don't be a fool even you got fooled. GEt yourself some  REAL knowledge, start today! 
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2012 - 8:01PM #2
TransJ

“Taoism is a system of knowledge which teaches one to cultivate and learn how nature works and how to work with the law and forces of nature that make nature runs and works.”

Okay, I read through the article and I think I understand. Taoism seems to be something I can use. I am a religious person. I have health problems and have been doing some reading and practice in Qi gong.  Which seemed to me to be a kind of neutral magic or natural magic. The idea of chi has been a bit difficult to believe. So my question is this; how can I scientifically experience chi?

I would also add that my own belief system is not too far remove from Taoism.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2012 - 8:02AM #3
Mak_jo_si

Oct 31, 2012 -- 8:01PM, TransJ wrote:

“Taoism is a system of knowledge which teaches one to cultivate and learn how nature works and how to work with the law and forces of nature that make nature runs and works.”

Okay, I read through the article and I think I understand. Taoism seems to be something I can use. I am a religious person. I have health problems and have been doing some reading and practice in Qi gong.  Which seemed to me to be a kind of neutral magic or natural magic. The idea of chi has been a bit difficult to believe. So my question is this; how can I scientifically experience chi?

I would also add that my own belief system is not too far remove from Taoism.

Qi Gong is not magic, it's not even related to magic and it's not Taoism too. Qi Gong is Qi Gong, it's something brew up from Chinese medic only and if you want to learn it for real, you need to really learn it and you can't learn it from books or online website by yourself. You need a person to guide you and coach you on the path.

I also teach qi gong, if you want to learn you can contact me for lessons and try it out.

celestialmastermak@chiinnature.com  --> email me

Taoism is something practical and something you can use, especially the magic part, but those are not what you can learn by yourself as well, you need to learn from a master, like me, and that is what bring you into a serious learning journey. You can't just do it "for fun" because it is not going to work like that, you can't just try to mix Taoism into your own thing, Taoism is Taoism. If you mix it, it's not TAoism anymore and it's not going to work.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2012 - 1:56PM #4
TransJ

Thanks for the innovation on Qi Gong I might take you up on it sometime.

So you say “Taoism is Taoism. If you mix it, it's not TAoism anymore and it's not going to work.” Are you saying that I would have to abandon the beliefs that I have now and commit completely to Taoism. Now that would be a problem, because part of my belief system right now is that beliefs are pragmatic tools that one can use or not to achieve understanding. Besides all of that, my understanding of Chi at this time is that it is “energy” that anyone can use. Some may use it more perfectly than other and I think that is what meant by “way” or Taoism.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2012 - 1:54AM #5
Mak_jo_si

Nov 13, 2012 -- 1:56PM, TransJ wrote:

Thanks for the innovation on Qi Gong I might take you up on it sometime.

So you say “Taoism is Taoism. If you mix it, it's not TAoism anymore and it's not going to work.” Are you saying that I would have to abandon the beliefs that I have now and commit completely to Taoism. Now that would be a problem, because part of my belief system right now is that beliefs are pragmatic tools that one can use or not to achieve understanding. Besides all of that, my understanding of Chi at this time is that it is “energy” that anyone can use. Some may use it more perfectly than other and I think that is what meant by “way” or Taoism.

Chi is not what Taoism is about but Taoism do explain Chi in a systematic way. It's part of the general knowledge only. Of course, Chi can be used and gained by anyone, just like qi gong (chi kung) can be done by anyone without religious background or with any religion as well. But that is not even Taoism related.

Taoism is really Taoism by itself and if you want to learn the real thing, you do need to go one way only and if you think that is a "problem" for you, then you can skip and not learn it. Nobody force you to learn it anyway, right? Taoism is one of the choices there and those who want to choose it will choose it, nobody is forcing you, and so there is not a "problem" there at all. unless you really want to learn it and your mind is not prepare for it.

Now  I can only say that learning TAoism is like getting married with a lady, are you prepare to commit or not? If you aren't, then don't get married or don't even date. Simple as that.  It's also a part of virtue to know to stay with one path only when it comes to Taoism. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2012 - 6:26PM #6
TransJ

Nov 18, 2012 -- 1:54AM, Mak_jo_si wrote:

Chi is not what Taoism is about but Taoism do explain Chi in a systematic way. It's part of the general knowledge only. Of course, Chi can be used and gained by anyone, just like qi gong (chi kung) can be done by anyone without religious background or with any religion as well. But that is not even Taoism related.

Taoism is really Taoism by itself and if you want to learn the real thing, you do need to go one way only and if you think that is a "problem" for you, then you can skip and not learn it. Nobody force you to learn it anyway, right? Taoism is one of the choices there and those who want to choose it will choose it, nobody is forcing you, and so there is not a "problem" there at all. unless you really want to learn it and your mind is not prepare for it.

Now  I can only say that learning TAoism is like getting married with a lady, are you prepare to commit or not? If you aren't, then don't get married or don't even date. Simple as that.  It's also a part of virtue to know to stay with one path only when it comes to Taoism. 

I agree, I am not forced to learn Taoism.

The problem is this; I use objective belief to experience ideas like Taoism or other belief systems.  Subjective belief systems almost always demanded complete commitment. As your allegory about marrying a lady shows. A belief is an accepted mode of thought which influences the mind and its actions. It is better to have the attitude that one is ultimately independent of complete commitment to subjective belief. Anyone can change their beliefs or gain other beliefs.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2012 - 7:14PM #7
Mak_jo_si

Dec 4, 2012 -- 6:26PM, TransJ wrote:

Nov 18, 2012 -- 1:54AM, Mak_jo_si wrote:

I agree, I am not forced to learn Taoism.

The problem is this; I use objective belief to experience ideas like Taoism or other belief systems.  Subjective belief systems almost always demanded complete commitment. As your allegory about marrying a lady shows. A belief is an accepted mode of thought which influences the mind and its actions. It is better to have the attitude that one is ultimately independent of complete commitment to subjective belief. Anyone can change their beliefs or gain other beliefs.

Too bad, Taoism is not a "belief". That's why I said you got it wrong. Taoism is a system of study and knowledge, it's not a belief like Christianity or other religions. Taoism is not even a religion if you use the definition of Religion based on the dictionary (western). See this article for the reason why...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2012 - 9:12PM #8
TransJ

Dec 5, 2012 -- 7:14PM, Mak_jo_si wrote:

Too bad, Taoism is not a "belief". That's why I said you got it wrong. Taoism is a system of study and knowledge, it's not a belief like Christianity or other religions. Taoism is not even a religion if you use the definition of Religion based on the dictionary (western). See this article for the reason why...

“By doing Taoism, the right way, you learn to understand about nature by experiencing it yourself by learning under the master and doing things yourself. That’s right, it’s more like ancient science here. We are very scientific indeed.”

Cool! If indeed we are talking about the same thing. So Taoism is ancient science, but what is the meaning of the word science in the Chinese context? Here is what it means from a western dictionary:

sci·ence

/ˈsaɪ əns/ Show Spelled [sahy-uh ns] Show IPA

noun

1. a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws: the mathematical sciences.

2. systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

3. any of the branches of natural or physical science.

4. systematized knowledge in general.

5. knowledge, as of facts or principles; knowledge gained by systematic study.

Do you mean scientific in the western sense by using the scientific method?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2012 - 9:28PM #9
Mak_jo_si

Yes indeed. It's 100% science in the western science meaning, but the learning approach is different. For example, the magic power we talk about isn't magic as in "harry potter" kinda magic, it's really a form of energy. But since we have nothing like a machine or something to detect it, you can feel it, sense it, and learn to see it to proof it's existent. With time, you try it over and over agian and see it over and over again, and you know it is there. Just like heat, light, and stuff like gas, you cannot see it but you can sense it, feel it.. you cannot grab it, but you can produce it, regenerate it or soemthing.. right?  Same to Taoism, the real Taoism.

That's why when a Taoism sect say their stuff is a belief, you can skip their crap already. It's BS. Real Taoism is not a belief, it's a system of study but you learn it in a different way compare to the western education system. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2012 - 9:15PM #10
TransJ

Dec 6, 2012 -- 9:28PM, Mak_jo_si wrote:

Yes indeed. It's 100% science in the western science meaning, but the learning approach is different. For example, the magic power we talk about isn't magic as in "harry potter" kinda magic, it's really a form of energy. But since we have nothing like a machine or something to detect it, you can feel it, sense it, and learn to see it to proof it's existent. With time, you try it over and over agian and see it over and over again, and you know it is there. Just like heat, light, and stuff like gas, you cannot see it but you can sense it, feel it.. you cannot grab it, but you can produce it, regenerate it or soemthing.. right?  Same to Taoism, the real Taoism.

That's why when a Taoism sect say their stuff is a belief, you can skip their crap already. It's BS. Real Taoism is not a belief, it's a system of study but you learn it in a different way compare to the western education system. 

Energy is a vague word because there are so many types.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy

Richard Feynman, "It is important to realize that in physics today, we have no knowledge what energy is. We do not have a picture that energy comes in little blobs of a definite amount."[4] However, it is clear that energy is always an indispensable prerequisite for performing work, and the concept has great importance in natural science.

Since work is defined as a force acting through a distance (a length of space), energy is always equivalent to the ability to exert pulls or pushes against the basic forces of nature, along a path of a certain length.

My own understanding of energy is pure activity or dynamic quality. The primal energy of reality is the dynamic quality or pure activity of possibility. You say we can produce this energy (Chi) and sense it but we have no machine or device to detect or measure Chi. If it is produce by the body and or mind would it not be biochemical and or bioelectric energy?  

As for the study of Taoism, I like what you said about it being a method of learning. However I do not think it is the scientific method in the objective sense but more in the subjective sense as in psychology.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook