Switch to Forum Live View Guess what I got...
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 11:11PM #1
Ironhold
Some of the Goodwill thrift stores in my area have what are known as "bargain barns", sections of the store where items are sold at a rather low price so as to clearance them out.

At the local Goodwill, 90% of all religious material donated winds up right there. As such, about every other month I make off with a major haul.

Part of this month's haul?

"The Hidden Words: Selected Writings of Baha'u'llah". $0.50

I'm trying to figure out just who published this edition, but there are multiple groups referenced. I'm guessing that the date of publication was some time in 2002.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 4:17PM #2
Aka_me

Jun 1, 2012 -- 11:11PM, Ironhold wrote:

Some of the Goodwill thrift stores in my area have what are known as "bargain barns", sections of the store where items are sold at a rather low price so as to clearance them out.

At the local Goodwill, 90% of all religious material donated winds up right there. As such, about every other month I make off with a major haul.

Part of this month's haul?

"The Hidden Words: Selected Writings of Baha'u'llah". $0.50

I'm trying to figure out just who published this edition, but there are multiple groups referenced. I'm guessing that the date of publication was some time in 2002.

I was thinking "Selected Writings of Baha'u'llah" was a compilation of titles with "The Hidden Words" being one chapter...

but I could be wrong. how many total pages is it?

"The Hidden Words" alone is not very long, perhaps 50 pages.

there can be no meaning or value to life, in a universe devoid of meaning and value... because the moment those who knew you are gone, you will never have existed at all.

if you see anyone not screaming at the top of their lungs THE SKY IS FALLING BECAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING! then for prophet Gore's sake help them see the light that doing so is the only means we have of getting off fossil fuel.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 10:33PM #3
in_my_opinion

Once, decades ago, bought a copy of The Dawnbreakers for two dollars in a US community thrift store in one of their Midwestern states. It was brand new and completely unmarked! Still have it, too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 10:35PM #4
in_my_opinion

Ironhold, have you read it yet?

Who was the publisher? That can tell us a little about where it came from.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 11:13PM #5
Ironhold

Jun 3, 2012 -- 10:35PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

Ironhold, have you read it yet?

Who was the publisher? That can tell us a little about where it came from.

Not yet; it's been a busy weekend.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook