Switch to Forum Live View Guess what I got...
3 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 11:11PM #1
Ironhold
Some of the Goodwill thrift stores in my area have what are known as "bargain barns", sections of the store where items are sold at a rather low price so as to clearance them out.

At the local Goodwill, 90% of all religious material donated winds up right there. As such, about every other month I make off with a major haul.

Part of this month's haul?

"The Hidden Words: Selected Writings of Baha'u'llah". $0.50

I'm trying to figure out just who published this edition, but there are multiple groups referenced. I'm guessing that the date of publication was some time in 2002.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 4:17PM #2
Aka_me

Jun 1, 2012 -- 11:11PM, Ironhold wrote:

Some of the Goodwill thrift stores in my area have what are known as "bargain barns", sections of the store where items are sold at a rather low price so as to clearance them out.

At the local Goodwill, 90% of all religious material donated winds up right there. As such, about every other month I make off with a major haul.

Part of this month's haul?

"The Hidden Words: Selected Writings of Baha'u'llah". $0.50

I'm trying to figure out just who published this edition, but there are multiple groups referenced. I'm guessing that the date of publication was some time in 2002.

I was thinking "Selected Writings of Baha'u'llah" was a compilation of titles with "The Hidden Words" being one chapter...

but I could be wrong. how many total pages is it?

"The Hidden Words" alone is not very long, perhaps 50 pages.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 10:33PM #3
in_my_opinion

Once, decades ago, bought a copy of The Dawnbreakers for two dollars in a US community thrift store in one of their Midwestern states. It was brand new and completely unmarked! Still have it, too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 10:35PM #4
in_my_opinion

Ironhold, have you read it yet?

Who was the publisher? That can tell us a little about where it came from.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2012 - 11:13PM #5
Ironhold

Jun 3, 2012 -- 10:35PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

Ironhold, have you read it yet?

Who was the publisher? That can tell us a little about where it came from.

Not yet; it's been a busy weekend.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook