Post Reply
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 9:07AM #1
Jupiter6208
Posts: 2,376
Just would like to know When did you come to the Bahai Faith and Why, what was it that nailed it for you.

 Allah-u-Abha.

I'm in the beginings of Gleanings it's a hard read but it's like poetry in some ways. 
"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry



You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 11:11AM #2
Lilwabbit
Posts: 2,922

May 19, 2012 -- 9:07AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

Just would like to know When did you come to the Bahai Faith and Why, what was it that nailed it for you.

 Allah-u-Abha.

I'm in the beginings of Gleanings it's a hard read but it's like poetry in some ways. 



Allah'u'Abhá dear Jupiter,


This thread in the Visitor Center has some personal Bahá'í "testimonies" from both long-standing and newly-enrolled believers. Though I'd hope more of the regulars would include theirs. But of course these are personal matters so it's understandable.


Gleanings is indeed a great compilation showacinsg the diversity of Bahá'u'lláh's Writings. Some passages are indeed more difficult, but also easier and literal passages are included. Oftentimes the ones with long adjective-filled sentences are translated from Persian, whereas the passages with shorter more "biblical-style" sentences are translated from Arabic. Bahá'u'lláh himself said he revealed in two languages since Persian is the language of sweetness while Arabic is the language of power and eloquence. The former is often used for more mystical and allegorical contents while the latter for more powerful and majestic expression. But of course this is not a clear-cut rule and Bahá'u'lláh himself said he revealed in nine different modes.


Kind regards from the fresh climes of Finland,


Wabbit

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 11:33AM #3
Jupiter6208
Posts: 2,376

Thank you Wabbilt! hello from Sunny Florida U.S.A. Have you heard of Terry Spratt? he is a Baha'i He has some very good Videos That i have been watching.



"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry



You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 12:05PM #4
Lilwabbit
Posts: 2,922

May 19, 2012 -- 11:33AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:


Thank you Wabbilt! hello from Sunny Florida U.S.A. Have you heard of Terry Spratt? he is a Baha'i He has some very good Videos That i have been watching.




I've watched some of the Terry Spratt videos and indeed he is quite knowledgeable and very good at explaining the profound clearly.


Enjoy the hot and humid FL!


Wabbit

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 12:16PM #5
Jupiter6208
Posts: 2,376

Love the Hot and humid! enjoy the cold  and dreary. lol

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry



You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 12:25PM #6
world citizen
Posts: 5,594

Jupiter,


It seems you and I are neighbors.  I live in Alabama but one of my daughters lives in central Florida, about midway between Tampa and Orlando.  I was raised in PA but definitely have come to prefer the heat - never missing the parka, mukluks, snow tires, chains, shoveling, etc. of those winters.

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 12:28PM #7
Lilwabbit
Posts: 2,922

May 19, 2012 -- 12:16PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:


Love the Hot and humid! enjoy the cold  and dreary. lol




Umm... World Citizen and Jupiter, you guys are gravely mistaken about Finland! Basically the first half of these photos (taken by yours truly) is what Finland looks like now.


picasaweb.google.com/sakarvon19/FinlandF...#


And I've been to Florida. Loved it, but I find Finland fresher, cleaner and its nature more appealing! And nobody is allowed to disagree with me! Innocent




 

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 12:33PM #8
Jupiter6208
Posts: 2,376

May 19, 2012 -- 12:28PM, Lilwabbit wrote:


May 19, 2012 -- 12:16PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:


Love the Hot and humid! enjoy the cold  and dreary. lol




Umm... World Citizen and Jupiter, you guys are gravely mistaken about Finland! Basically the first half of these photos (taken by yours truly) is what Finland looks like now.


picasaweb.google.com/sakarvon19/FinlandF...#


And I've been to Florida. Loved it, but I find Finland fresher, cleaner and its nature more appealing! And nobody is allowed to disagree with me! Innocent




 





LOL Here is another perspective on Finland enjoy!



finnfantastic.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/y...

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry



You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 12:45PM #9
Lilwabbit
Posts: 2,922

May 19, 2012 -- 12:33PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:


May 19, 2012 -- 12:28PM, Lilwabbit wrote:


May 19, 2012 -- 12:16PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:


Love the Hot and humid! enjoy the cold  and dreary. lol




Umm... World Citizen and Jupiter, you guys are gravely mistaken about Finland! Basically the first half of these photos (taken by yours truly) is what Finland looks like now.


picasaweb.google.com/sakarvon19/FinlandF...#


And I've been to Florida. Loved it, but I find Finland fresher, cleaner and its nature more appealing! And nobody is allowed to disagree with me! Innocent




 





LOL Here is another perspective on Finland enjoy!



finnfantastic.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/y...




LOL! And here's a toast to Florida!


www.experienceproject.com/groups/Hate-Fl...

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 1:40PM #10
Jupiter6208
Posts: 2,376

May 19, 2012 -- 12:45PM, Lilwabbit wrote:


May 19, 2012 -- 12:33PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:


May 19, 2012 -- 12:28PM, Lilwabbit wrote:


May 19, 2012 -- 12:16PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:


Love the Hot and humid! enjoy the cold  and dreary. lol




Umm... World Citizen and Jupiter, you guys are gravely mistaken about Finland! Basically the first half of these photos (taken by yours truly) is what Finland looks like now.


picasaweb.google.com/sakarvon19/FinlandF...#


And I've been to Florida. Loved it, but I find Finland fresher, cleaner and its nature more appealing! And nobody is allowed to disagree with me! Innocent




 





LOL Here is another perspective on Finland enjoy!



finnfantastic.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/y...




LOL! And here's a toast to Florida!


www.experienceproject.com/groups/Hate-Fl...





LOL Touche.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry



You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook