Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2012 - 4:28AM #2
Acts 28:22
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2012 - 6:19AM #3
MMCSFOX

Thanks for posting this “why I remained loyal to a racist Church" Acts. It brings back some memories of my past. One of my Grandmothers was German but married an Irishman by the name of O’Connor so she carried that name with her when her husband, an Irish teamster, was killed when a team of horses ran away and the wagon rolled over him. My mother was only 4 at the time so she ended up supporting her family by door to door sales. This was in Saint Louis where she found many would hear her name and close the door because they did not do business with the Irish.

She lived in a little house behind us as I grew up and had not a little to do with my training. I can still remember her telling us kids that the blacks will have the Priesthood when WE prove worthy to accept them.

Now my wife grew up in Guatemala and came to the US when she was 15 and I can tell all that she did not do things the way I or other yanks did. Still that was 1960 and we were in love, yet I also remember the council of our Bishop about some of the things we would have to be aware of with people of our day. Our early days were in a mixed neighborhood and I think that I got the most dirty looks.  Even in Los Angeles one needed to keep to one’s own.

One of our girls got her color from her mother and the others from me. I still recall when visiting at parents day at school mentioning that her older sister was in the same class last year, some very strange looks from the teachers.

Well it is 3:15 AM so I will try to get some sleep again, but reading others history was good .

Jesse F.

Anyone who thinks old age is golden must not have had a very exciting youth.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 2:38AM #4
moksha8088
It would have been wise for Mitt Romney to have said that he did not subscribe to that curse of Cain nonsense, then called for the next question. Church headquarters would not dispute such a comment, so it would have been a best choice scenario for Romney.

When Apostle Delbert Stapley asked Mitt's Dad, Governor George Romney to not support the civil rights of Black Americans, Governor Romney responded by ignoring the advice and simply filing away the letter from Church Headquarters.  Seems like not holding to old time racial prejudices is something the Romneys are accustomed to doing, so its not like he would be flip flopping.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook