Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 2:43PM #1
GeminiStar
I'm watching the History channel and they discussed Rosicrucians. I was surprised that they share same beliefs as New Thought. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 6:47PM #2
Namchuck

Apr 3, 2012 -- 2:43PM, GeminiStar wrote:

I'm watching the History channel and they discussed Rosicrucians. I was surprised that they share same beliefs as New Thought. 

Yes, wacky beliefs with no anchorage in reality.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 5:52PM #3
MsTopaz

Apr 7, 2012 -- 6:47PM, Namchuck wrote:

Isn't it against the Beliefnet TOS to come to a community's forum and attack a religion's beliefs as absurd? There are debate forums for that, but this is supposed to be a forum for dialogue.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 6:27PM #4
Namchuck

Apr 8, 2012 -- 5:52PM, MsTopaz wrote:

Apr 7, 2012 -- 6:47PM, Namchuck wrote:

Isn't it against the Beliefnet TOS to come to a community's forum and attack a religion's beliefs as absurd? There are debate forums for that, but this is supposed to be a forum for dialogue.

And part of that dialogue is the recognition that some belief systems are patently absurd.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 5:44PM #5
Bob_Bennett

Namchuck:

Nope, you're wrong.   Besides, there's nothing wacky about the Rosicrucian beliefs to those who are well read.   Apparently, you are not.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 4:10AM #6
Namchuck

Apr 9, 2012 -- 5:44PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

Namchuck:

Nope, you're wrong.   Besides, there's nothing wacky about the Rosicrucian beliefs to those who are well read.   Apparently, you are not.

Actually, Bob, I'm pretty well-read on Rosicrucian beliefs. It's wacky stuff alright. So, I'm right.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 8:41AM #7
GeminiStar

What beliefs do they have that are wacky?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 3:25AM #8
Namchuck

Apr 11, 2012 -- 8:41AM, GeminiStar wrote:

What beliefs do they have that are wacky?

You name them: astral travel; reincarnation; alchemy; etc.

Rosicrucianism is simply an umbrella term for all kinds of unjustified and insupportable beliefs.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 6:24PM #9
Bob_Bennett

I have read the Rosicrucians beleifs, and they don't include alchemy or astral travel.  Reincarnation has been around for millenia and is accepted by the more sophisticated religions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 3:33AM #10
Namchuck

Jun 4, 2012 -- 6:24PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

I have read the Rosicrucians beleifs, and they don't include alchemy or astral travel.  Reincarnation has been around for millenia and is accepted by the more sophisticated religions.

I have read Rosicrucian beliefs as well as talked to followers of the 'Rosy Cross'. Some of them do believe in alchemy and astral travel and any number of other kooky and unjustifed notions.

I'd suggest you read professor Nicholas Goodricke-Clarke if you want to get a definitive grasp of Rosicrucian beliefs, Bob. No one knows them better.

"Sophisticated religions".

You jest. Name one of those religions?

By the way, reincarnation is dead in the water, and that largely due to what we now know about the brain.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook