Switch to Forum Live View New Thought Ministers
3 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2012 - 10:37AM #1
GeminiStar
I just made an observation (my opinion) When I call Unity prayer line, the person on the other line is very kind, understanding, and helpful - makes you feel good. On the other hand - since World Ministry of Prayer is gone - I have contacted thru email a couple of RS practioners and the response was very cold - possibly because I didn't mention any form of payment? A few years back I did contact a RS practioner and paid her $100 1/2 hr. After a couple of sessions I couldn't afford her. So does everything come down to money?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 12:39AM #2
MsTopaz

Mar 17, 2012 -- 10:37AM, GeminiStar wrote:

I just made an observation (my opinion) When I call Unity prayer line, the person on the other line is very kind, understanding, and helpful - makes you feel good. On the other hand - since World Ministry of Prayer is gone - I have contacted thru email a couple of RS practioners and the response was very cold - possibly because I didn't mention any form of payment? A few years back I did contact a RS practioner and paid her $100 1/2 hr. After a couple of sessions I couldn't afford her. So does everything come down to money?

You paid someone $100 for 1/2 hour of prayer? (I am hoping I misunderstood your post).

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 9:42AM #3
GeminiStar

Yes that is correct-however she did stay on the phone longer than the 1/2 hour. She also pressured me to schedule future appointments. That made me unconfortable.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 10:20AM #4
Jupiter6208

What? you are kidding right? you. paid. for. prayer.

all i can say is Wow.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 10:36AM #5
MsTopaz

Mar 21, 2012 -- 9:42AM, GeminiStar wrote:

Yes that is correct-however she did stay on the phone longer than the 1/2 hour. She also pressured me to schedule future appointments. That made me unconfortable.

Gemini, I think that is awful. You should never have to pay for prayer. If you want someone to pray for you, Silent Unity is free. http://www.unity.org/prayer

Or if you can find a reputable New Thought church within driving distance of where you live, there should be prayer-focused events happening all the time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 11:54AM #6
GeminiStar

Thanks. I have called Unity and really like them. They are very kind.  Even though they are free I like to send them small donations to show my appreciation. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 10:34PM #7
Namchuck

Mar 21, 2012 -- 11:54AM, GeminiStar wrote:

Thanks. I have called Unity and really like them. They are very kind.  Even though they are free I like to send them small donations to show my appreciation. 

Pay me, I'll pray to whomever for you. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook