Switch to Forum Live View New Thought Ministers
3 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2012 - 10:37AM #1
GeminiStar
I just made an observation (my opinion) When I call Unity prayer line, the person on the other line is very kind, understanding, and helpful - makes you feel good. On the other hand - since World Ministry of Prayer is gone - I have contacted thru email a couple of RS practioners and the response was very cold - possibly because I didn't mention any form of payment? A few years back I did contact a RS practioner and paid her $100 1/2 hr. After a couple of sessions I couldn't afford her. So does everything come down to money?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 12:39AM #2
MsTopaz

Mar 17, 2012 -- 10:37AM, GeminiStar wrote:

I just made an observation (my opinion) When I call Unity prayer line, the person on the other line is very kind, understanding, and helpful - makes you feel good. On the other hand - since World Ministry of Prayer is gone - I have contacted thru email a couple of RS practioners and the response was very cold - possibly because I didn't mention any form of payment? A few years back I did contact a RS practioner and paid her $100 1/2 hr. After a couple of sessions I couldn't afford her. So does everything come down to money?

You paid someone $100 for 1/2 hour of prayer? (I am hoping I misunderstood your post).

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 9:42AM #3
GeminiStar

Yes that is correct-however she did stay on the phone longer than the 1/2 hour. She also pressured me to schedule future appointments. That made me unconfortable.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 10:20AM #4
Jupiter6208

What? you are kidding right? you. paid. for. prayer.

all i can say is Wow.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies.”

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 10:36AM #5
MsTopaz

Mar 21, 2012 -- 9:42AM, GeminiStar wrote:

Yes that is correct-however she did stay on the phone longer than the 1/2 hour. She also pressured me to schedule future appointments. That made me unconfortable.

Gemini, I think that is awful. You should never have to pay for prayer. If you want someone to pray for you, Silent Unity is free. http://www.unity.org/prayer

Or if you can find a reputable New Thought church within driving distance of where you live, there should be prayer-focused events happening all the time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 11:54AM #6
GeminiStar

Thanks. I have called Unity and really like them. They are very kind.  Even though they are free I like to send them small donations to show my appreciation. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 10:34PM #7
Namchuck

Mar 21, 2012 -- 11:54AM, GeminiStar wrote:

Thanks. I have called Unity and really like them. They are very kind.  Even though they are free I like to send them small donations to show my appreciation. 

Pay me, I'll pray to whomever for you. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook