Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 11:31PM #31
Janadele

Letter from MITT

Janadele, 

It's been just over a year since we kicked off this campaign. This journey has afforded my family and me the opportunity to visit voters all across the country. 

And no matter where I am on the map, I'm always struck by how many supporters bring their own American flags to our events. To each of them -- and each of us -- that flag represents the principles that made America the hope of the Earth. 

This campaign is about restoring those principles and the promise of our great country. Watch this video that captures our journey in our fight for a better America. 

Today, as we celebrate Flag Day, we are reminded that this is truly a great land of great people who have made great sacrifices. We are blessed to fly our Stars and Stripes. 

Happy Flag Day. 

Mitt Romney
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 7:24PM #32
Janadele

Janadele, 

Now that I'm a proud father of six (including newborn twins), I've never had a greater appreciation for the job my dad did raising me and my four younger brothers. We were lucky kids, and now our own kids are lucky to have "Papa" as their grandpa. People ask me what he was like as a Dad. I think he was like a lot of dads in many ways, but the few things that stand out most to me were his incredible determination, his sense of humor, and the feeling I always had that I knew he loved and cared for me, my Mom, and my brothers. 

Dad taught us a lot of lessons, including the importance of having fun as a family, but the most important lesson he imparted to us was the joy in helping others. Dad, thank you for teaching us by your example. 

And we thank all the fathers who are doing the same across this country. There's nothing more important to the future of our country than the role that parents play in raising and teaching their children the values of hard work, integrity, and love. 

Happy Father's Day, 

Tagg Romney
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 1:35AM #33
MMCSFOX

Immigrants Contribute $230B Yearly to L.A. County Economy, Says USC Study

By Dana Bartholomew, Staff Writer06/20/2012 - 5:39 PM PDT

Immigrants in Los Angeles County contribute $230 billion each year to the economy, according to a report released Wednesday.

The county's 3.4 million immigrants -- 55 percent of whom are undocumented -- were also more likely to be self-employed than native born workers, the report said.

"We're seeing immigrants assume an increasingly critical role in California's economy," said Manuel Pastor, director of the Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration at the University of Southern California and co-author of the study.

"Their substantial contributions as workers and consumers help fuel the state's economy and (are) spread throughout many California regions."

Immigrants in California make up a quarter of the state's 38 million population, but contribute a third of the labor force. Of these, 45 percent are U.S. citizens.

Each year, they contribute $600 billion to the state economy, or a third of the state's Gross Domestic Product.

Immigrants comprise 27 percent of total household income, make up 38 percent of all residents with doctorate degrees and by 2015 are expected to represent as much as 35 percent of voters, according to the report.

The report, "Looking Forward: Immigrant Contributions to the Golden State," is available at caimmigrant.org/contributions.html .

Immigrants and their children make up 53 percent of the population of Los Angeles County. Of all children in the region, 59 percent have at least one immigrant parent.

They also comprise 45 percent of the workforce, especially in agriculture, repair and personal services and manufacturing.

Roughly three out of four workers in grounds cleaning and maintenance, farming fishing and forestry, production and construction are immigrants.

"The report shows that immigrant workers are the backbone of key industries in California," said Reshma Shamasunder, executive director of the California Immigrant Policy Center, the other co-author.

"The story of California is one of successes won through hard work."

The downside is the cost of immigrants here illegally - which cost Los Angeles County taxpayers $1.6 billion a year, according to county Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

Illegal immigrants cost the county $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare each year, according to a report released by the supervisor last month.

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services projected welfare payments to illegal immigrant parents this year would exceed $625 million.

dana.bartholomew@dailynews.com

818-713-3730

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 9:38PM #34
MMCSFOX

I just thought that I would add a little more data on immigration here. There actually is a large amount of information available.

“There are more than 600,000 émigrés from the former Soviet Union that now live in Los Angeles”  (Year 2000)

“Although the number of Armenians in the US is unknown, speculation puts the number from anywhere between 500,000 to 2,000,000. Due to the fact that the US census does not have Armenian in the list of ethnicities to choose from, most Armenians just mark off "white". According to the census however, we do know that there were 202,708 Armenian speakers in the USA in the year 2000.”

There are a number of Armenian communities spread around our great Los Angeles County.

My own ancestry is Irish, English and German. My Wife came from Guatemala when she was 15. My first English ancestor, taken from English Court records, was tried and found guilty of bearing a bastard child of her body, fined 5 pounds, then exiled to the American Colonies.

Jesse  F.  = Which makes me an ABIEG and our kids then are ABIEGG's

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 1:38AM #35
Janadele

★ In honor of our vets and in commemoration today of the 68th anniversary of the G.I. Bill, Governor Mitt Romney made the following statement:

“Sixty-eight years ago today, the G.I. Bill became law. It was an exemplary act that gave unparalleled opportunities to America’s Greatest Generation, the millions of veterans who answered our country’s call in the supreme emergency of World War II. Today, we have a new Greatest Generation that has answered our country’s call in the aftermath of 9/11. They have stood for us through many hard trials, and we must stand by them. That obligation begins with restoring our economy to health. Those returning from the front lines should not be coming home to unemployment lines. As president, I will work from day one to turn around America’s economy and create good jobs for veterans and for all Americans.”

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2012 - 5:22PM #36
moksha8088

After Gospel Doctrine today, I heard one lady mentioning that something about Mitt Romney and a revelation.

Could the election of Mitt Romney be the 2012 big event foretold in the Mayan Calendar? Both Mitt and the Mayans share a Mexican connection and both led big sporting events. Neither were personally acquainted with Zelph.

Mitt has made some speeches promoting changes that would be cataclysmic to the poor. So, at least there is that corroborating evidence as well.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2012 - 8:07PM #37
MMCSFOX

"Mitt has made some speeches promoting changes that would be cataclysmic to the poor. So, at least there is that corroborating evidence as well."

Moksha, You really are good. That statement above is one of the most say nothing political statements I have read to date on this site. You were well trained.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2012 - 11:43PM #38
MMCSFOX

The link below will take you to an article that appears in today’s (7-1-2012)  Los Angeles Times.

Enjoy!

soc.li/4CX6kpD
Group home offers troubled youths skills, confidence to succeed Some kids don't want to look back when they turn 19 and find themselves released — "emancipated" — from foster homes they were placed in because of family problems or brushes with the law.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2012 - 6:09PM #39
MMCSFOX

A little more on agency:

My wife and I just got back from lunch at a restaurant where a good many of the men were wearing their hats inside. On the way home 3 of the un-signaled intersections we were stopped at were blocked by stopped cars preventing others from crossing the intersection. Very illegal.  Twice we watched cars pull up and block people, who were there first, from being able to enter the lane. I do find it sad that there is so much simple minded discourtesy around us today.

In thinking again about agency that we have been given here, it seems to me that we will have to answer for even the easy little things that try us. Recognizing that our time here is a test that is not supposed to be easy, or it would not be a test. Much of our society these days seems to be failing even a simple politeness test.

OK now that is off my mind I will shut up for a while.

Jesse F.

"The test of good manners is being able to bear with bad ones patiently." 
 --- Rabbi Shlomo ibn-Gavriel 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2012 - 6:52PM #40
Janadele

Don't do that Jesse.  Your contributions are invaluable Smile and always welcome.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook