Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 1:50AM #11
Janadele

Hello Sadi   Smile

I am an Australian citizen, in Australia.

Any Christian, Latter-day Saint or otherwise is in great peril of their lives in Islamic Pakistan.

If I was in such a country I would leave if possible, those who stay are braver than I...  may God bless them in their stand for Christianity.

Mar 21, 2012 -- 1:07AM, sadiaali wrote:

Mar 21, 2012 -- 12:58AM, Janadele wrote:

It seems the human family require leaders... when it comes to a choice, surely one who holds the Priesthood would be preferable over one who does not.

Mitt Romney has won the Republican presidential primary in Illinois by a wide margin over chief rival Rick Santorum. LA is next.

me agreed with you but what you say or think about Pakistan?me want to know some usa citizen thinking about Pakistan,,,?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 8:43AM #12
MysticWanderer

Mar 21, 2012 -- 12:58AM, Janadele wrote:

It seems the human family require leaders... when it comes to a choice, surely one who holds the Priesthood would be preferable over one who does not.

Mitt Romney has won the Republican presidential primary in Illinois by a wide margin over chief rival Rick Santorum. LA is next.

I dunno, I know at least one or two Priesthood holders that I would not trust wth cash much less the Presidency.

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 2:37PM #13
Janadele

www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Bus...mo_code=...

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush made his long-awaited endorsement in the GOP presidential race on Wednesday, putting his name behind Mitt Romney’s campaign.

Bush, who many have touted as a possible compromise candidate if Romney fails to attract enough delegates to win the nomination on the first ballot, made it clear in his statement that the time has now come for all Republicans to stand squarely behind the former Massachusetts governor’s candidacy. He gave his endorsement within hours of the Illinois primary, where Romney crushed his nearest challenger, former Sen. Rick Santorum, by 12 percentage points.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2012 - 4:15AM #14
Janadele

Mitt has 568 delegates Santorum has 273  The candidates now head into April 3 contests in Maryland, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. 

Santorum has now won 11 states, while Romney has won 20 states or territories. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2012 - 4:23PM #15
Janadele

Dear Concerned American,

For 3 years, the Obama Administration has systematically chipped away at our religious liberties. Now, they have delivered the biggest blow yet: the Department of Health and Human Services' decision to force health care providers to cover all forms of contraception -- from birth control to the morning after pill and even abortion. It's an overt attack on the Catholic Church, of course, but worse -- an egregious violation of every American's religious liberties.

The White House attempted to back-pedal a bit, announcing a modification to this plan in an attempt to compromise with Catholics and other religious groups on this issue. But do not be fooled: Their so-called "compromise" is anything but. As a spokesman for our Catholic bishops said, it's as if the White House is saying, "Sure, you don't have to include the coverage, you just have to send all your lay employees and women religious to the local Planned Parenthood clinic." He continued: "That would not be a compromise. In some ways it would be worse." 

This isn't just a Catholic fight. Today it might be the target of the Obama administration's blatant disregard for the Constitution, but who will it be tomorrow if we don't fight back today? Catholic Advocate won't stand for it and will keep up the fight and our efforts to defend religious liberties -- our Constitutional rights -- for all men and women of faith. 

Last month, Catholic Advocate launched the "Protect Our Conscience Letter Campaign" to recruit parish leaders nationwide to help rally fellow lay Catholics to blanket members of Congress with letters of protest against the mandate. We've had volunteers sign up in 46 states, and 397 Members of Congress will receive letters from a parish in their district. That's 72% of our elected officials!

Our efforts have been featured on GBTV, Glenn Beck's TV program. Mr. Beck and others in the conservative community have highlighted Catholic Advocate as a leading organization fighting the Obama administration on this front.

We're pleased with the positive response to our hard work, but this fight is just beginning. Bishops across the country have spoken out on this issue, and priests have mentioned it in their homilies. It's on pulpits across the nation, Catholic or otherwise. Now it's our turn to continue turning up the heat and demand our elected officials take action to stop this radical attack on our religious liberties. 

This is a make it or break it moment for America's faith communities -- and all defenders of our Constitutional rights. If we fail to prevent the Obama Administration from taking away our rights of conscience and trampling upon our religious liberties, I fear we may soon live in a secular country. As conservative men and women of all backgrounds, we must rally together and demand protection of our rights. 

Thank you in advance for your support. 

Sincerely, 

Matt Smith
President, Catholic Advocate 

P.S. In regards to the recent HHS ruling that requires EVERY health care provider to cover contraception -- including abortion -- Nancy Pelosi said, "…I am going to stick with my fellow Catholics in supporting the administration on this. I think it was a very courageous decision that they made, and I support it. "Well, here at Catholic Advocate, we're going to stick with our religious liberties and our bishops -- not Nancy Pelosi. Who will you stand with? Join us now by supporting the "Protect Our Conscience Letter Campaign".

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 1:50AM #16
moksha8088

Both Catholic and Mormon women use birth control.  Should this burden of payment be shifted to the user because the heath provider wants to keep the money in its wallet and points to religion as the justification? 

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 3:19AM #17
Janadele

There are no doubt many things both Catholic and Latter-day Saint women do which are against the teachings of their professed religion.  That does not mean an employer or anyone else should be responsible to provide for their choice in doing so.  Possible forms of birth control is not the concern of health insurance.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 10:06AM #18
Janadele

Romney for President released a new web video titled “Our Favorite.” In 2008, Rick Santorum said that if you wanted a conservative as the nominee of the Republican Party, “you must vote for Mitt Romney.” We agree.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1KRP...layer_em...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 9:16PM #19
moksha8088

Mar 26, 2012 -- 3:19AM, Janadele wrote:

Possible forms of birth control is not the concern of health insurance.  

Birth control is strictly a medical concern unless it involves such unreliable means as the rhythm method or eating sunflower seeds.  Letting health insurance weasel out of this so its profit margin increases does not sound like a good idea.  How did Mitt handle this with his health care plan in Massachusetts?

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 11:18PM #20
MMCSFOX

Anyone, if there is no profit in a business who will finance or operate it?

I know that I would not put my hard earned savings into something that did not earn something in return.

Jesse F.

From the Roycroft dictionary:

Ingrate: Any person who has got something for nothing, and wants more on the same terms.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook