2 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2012 - 11:08PM #1
Ironhold
If you are the last person to leave the church building, please make sure that all doors are locked and properly closed.

Failure to do so may result in a big dude chasing you down with a tactical knife. Innocent

Tonight was the audit for the branch I'm in, and since I'm the finance clerk I had to be there.

I get there about half an hour early to make sure that everything's in order.

When I arrive, I see a white jeep in the parking lot. I also note that one of the doors to the building is slightly ajar. I figure "OK - someone probably just dropped by to do something real quick."

I step inside the building and set my bag down.

No one else is inside.

That door was just simply left ajar.

Cue me drawing my tac knife and stalking the hallway to make sure that I'm the only person in the building and that all the doors which should be locked (like the clerk's office) actually are locked. The building's been broken into enough as it is, thankyouverymuch.

After making sure that I'm the only person inside, I slip my knife in my sleeve and go up to the jeep.

It's a woman and her kid having dinner while waiting for her husband - who works with the youth in her ward - to show up for activity night.

By the time I made my third sweep of the building the woman's husband and the auditor had both arrived, so I now had someone with me.

So yeah - someone got careless when leaving the building and left one of the doors ajar. Depending upon just who it was, that door could have been open all day, if not all week.

Yeah.

I made sure to let all three bishoprics and the facility manager know what happened.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2012 - 3:27PM #2
withwonderingawe

When my Dad was a janitor a couple of kids with knifes tied him up in the office and demanded money, there wasn’t any of course . They left him there all tied up, he managed to get away but it was scary.  

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook