|1 year ago :: Jan 24, 2012 - 11:45AM #1|
The 12?) APOSTLE'S CREED (ELLC 1988) English Language Liturgical Consultation...comments in ( parenthesis) xyz)
1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, ( First person of a TRI-UNE GOD...many names)
2. I believe in Jesus (of Nazareth) (the) Christ, God's only Son, our LORD, (YHWH) (Second person of a TRI-UNE GOD)
3. suffered under (illegal trials by) Pontius Pilate, (and Jewish authorities)
4. he descended to the dead.(to free waiting souls in Paradise + Hades = Abraham's Bosom)
5 On the third day ("Sunday") he rose again; (resurrection in changed body observed by many in multiple appearances in ~40 days)
6. he ascended into heaven, (ascension observed by disciples from Mount of Olives near Jerusalem)
7. I believe in (God) the Holy Spirit, (Third person of a TRI-UNE GOD, now permanently indwelling believers)
8. the holy catholic (universal) CHURCH, (= "body" of Jesus, the "head", baptized into the Holy Spirit)
9. the communion of saints, (fellowship of believers)
10. the forgiveness of sins, (for believers, purchased by Jesus' finished work on the Cross)
11. the resurrection of the body, (promise of a heavenly body like Jesus after death)
12. and the life everlasting. (eternal co-existence in the spiritual presence of the TRI-UNE GOD)
A. Are not these Biblical TRUTHS the COMMON GROUND upon which TRUE Christ-followers base their BELIEF SYSTEM?
B. Which are necessary to SALVATION?
C. Which are necessary only to clarify POSITION and prevent dissensions / heresy ?
D. Which citations to the Bible / Scriptures support each of the ~12 points?