Switch to Forum Live View Finding the right path
2 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2012 - 12:16AM #1
Dis66

Good evening/ morning too all!

All throw life I've bounced around from belief to belief. I was raised Luther (my faither0 and Judaism (mother) I never felt like the bible answered all of my questions/to corrupt Judaism as beautiful as it was it just didn't fit.

Since I've left home at 18 I've been floating going to series of all types before finally realising pagan fit me the best. I get those warm fuzzy when reading into it.

But what sector do i dive into/where to start? Right now I'm a huge Christen community and have no one to talk too. Trying to find info on this topic i fear of finding lies and/or wrong information.    
i feel most at home with the envirment and animals. I believe everything in a way is living . i don't believe in something that constantly need worship. and a few other things
Anyone have  suggestions or links to area that are kind of like those views. Or heck anyone i can talk to (in private) to help in this journey.. or am i doing it wrong?
 anything would be wounderfull
  Thank you all ^^  
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2012 - 10:33PM #2
Sacrificialgoddess

I'll give you the same advice I give everyone who comes here.  Get a big notebook. Big. Maybe two or three. Write down everything you believe. Everything.  If you believe that pink is the color to wear on Tuesdays, or that the notion of a Flashdance remake is crap, then write it down. Read voraciously. Everything you can get your hands on. Books, newspapers, magazines. Those wrappers on lollipops with the jokes on them. Read, Read, Read. When you read something you agree with, write down why, include the information you agreed with, where you read it and when you read it for reference for when you go back to it later.

Pagan religions have homework, because they aren't always about what you call yourself. Sometimes they are about what you believe, why you believe it, and how you can back it up.

And then there is UPG.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook