Switch to Forum Live View Reaching out to SO?
2 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2012 - 4:56PM #1
CallingAllAngels
This is my first time posting on this forum and it's for an issue that has been bothering me slightly. Though I prefer not to define myself under any one belief system I suppose new age describes me best. I've recently started dating an amazing guy. I've also moved into a new home and had the desire to do a house blessing. I mentioned it to him casually as I had before with buying stones to help with my anxiety. Though he was also raised of christian faith and has a good relationship with god he doesn't seem to be devout to anyone denomination in particular either...But he doesn't seem to know what to do with my somewhat (to him at least) "outlandish" beliefs and, like i do with almost everyone i open up to, i get concerned it makes them a little uncomfortable. I don't like being so to myself with everything (no i dont want to wave it around like an extremist but I just want to be able to be open about it...have him ask questions so it doesn't seem so strange)...How do I open a dialogue with him or anyone else on the beliefs that I was raised with and are comforting to me but because of misunderstandings or misguided teachings seem "pagan"and probably a little scary to others? It's always nice when I go into the store I buy my stones from and am just able to talk openly and freely about what's going on in my life and what can help/ what I'm doing to help.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2012 - 7:04PM #2
Bob_Bennett

I don't understand the "so" part.    Have you tried metaphysical churches?  How aout Eckankar?

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook