3 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2011 - 1:59PM #1
Raydran_nejanu
I'm new. I studied Paganism and Wicca as a teen, but due to my Christian parenting (my mother slapped me with a tree branch when I told her I was bisexual, but she's really a good mother) I let it go.

After trying for many years to feel a personal connection with the Christian god, I am returning to my study of Wicca. It resonates with me more than any other religion. I seek balance in every aspect of my life, and Wicca seems to be where I will find it.

I visit a really great website recommended by a coven I know (but never joined), and this site recommends I avoid the following authors:

Silver Ravenwolf
DJ Conway
Edain McCoy
Oberon Zell-Ravenheart and Morning Glory Zell-Ravenheart
Raven Grimassi
Fiona Horne
Laurie Cabot
Kisma Stepanich
Ann Moura
Douglas Monroe
Konstantinos
Gerina Dunwich
Gavin and Yvonne Frost
Lady Sheba
Ari Devi
Sarah Lyndon Morrison
Donald Tyson

I guess to avoid the 'fluff bunny' aspect of Wicca.

Anyone recommend a good, reputable website with information? I plan on picking up a few books on my pay-day, but I would like to read more in the meantime online.

As I said, it's been many years since I considered pursuing this path, and now that I'm an adult, I feel ready to follow my heart.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2011 - 8:05AM #2
Jdrose

I wish you well on your journey. I posted a comment on your journal entry , I will understand if you do not choose to allow it. I only hope you have read all the way through it :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2011 - 12:13PM #3
Raydran_nejanu

Dec 27, 2011 -- 8:05AM, Jdrose wrote:

I wish you well on your journey. I posted a comment on your journal entry , I will understand if you do not choose to allow it. I only hope you have read all the way through it :)

I tried to read it, but I cannot seem to see it. I will try again when I get home, but otherwise, could you please send it to me in a message? I am very interested in what you have to say.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2011 - 7:07AM #4
Jdrose

I re sent it as a message but I see it did post after your journal entry.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 2:07PM #5
Sacrificialgoddess

Dec 26, 2011 -- 1:59PM, Raydran_nejanu wrote:

I'm new. I studied Paganism and Wicca as a teen, but due to my Christian parenting (my mother slapped me with a tree branch when I told her I was bisexual, but she's really a good mother) I let it go.

After trying for many years to feel a personal connection with the Christian god, I am returning to my study of Wicca. It resonates with me more than any other religion. I seek balance in every aspect of my life, and Wicca seems to be where I will find it.

I visit a really great website recommended by a coven I know (but never joined), and this site recommends I avoid the following authors:

Silver Ravenwolf
DJ Conway
Edain McCoy
Oberon Zell-Ravenheart and Morning Glory Zell-Ravenheart
Raven Grimassi
Fiona Horne
Laurie Cabot
Kisma Stepanich
Ann Moura
Douglas Monroe
Konstantinos
Gerina Dunwich
Gavin and Yvonne Frost
Lady Sheba
Ari Devi
Sarah Lyndon Morrison
Donald Tyson

I guess to avoid the 'fluff bunny' aspect of Wicca.

Anyone recommend a good, reputable website with information? I plan on picking up a few books on my pay-day, but I would like to read more in the meantime online.

As I said, it's been many years since I considered pursuing this path, and now that I'm an adult, I feel ready to follow my heart.

Got a link to said website?

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 4:04PM #6
Raydran_nejanu
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook