Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Teaching the Faith?
3 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2011 - 6:54PM #11
Aka_me

Dec 24, 2011 -- 11:08AM, world citizen wrote:

No, we cannot be Bahá'ís loyal to the teachings and the House, while choosing not to teach. We need to act now in reaching out to the receptive populations rather than focus on our selves and our families, while depriving thirsty souls of the living waters of the Cause of God. Even in cynical and irreligious Finland we are having new enrolments all the time. As a small example of spiritual transformation, two atheist friends of our family declared some four years ago and now they're such firebrand Bahá'ís, and so bent on being virtuous and moral beings, as to make me feel positively ashamed of myself.

With kind regards, LilWabbit

my wife is all for teaching... when the listener has approached the Baha'i WANTING to know more.

in this case it's an apartment complex with a majority latino population. and Baha'i have started a children's class... then decided to begin teach their parents, who have not expressed any interest in the Faith. the children's class teachers invite my wife along for the combined latina spanish speaking Baha'i connection. but she has become uncomfortable with what could certainly appear to the parents as proselyzation.

the US exports death and corruption globally on a scale undrempt by Iranian authorities. war for corporate profits funded by taxpayers and soldiers' lives plus unofficial war funded by drugs to minorities. wave that flag of corruption in blissful ignorance of the orphans it creates assisting the rich to get richer. it's all good though cause we don't need to do ANYTHING to change... mother nature will create the necessary change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook