3 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2011 - 6:54AM #1
Ibn
Salaam,

When I go to Saudi Arabia, I notice that people there (the Saudis) have very little humour in them. Some of them do not like jokes at all.

How about Muslims here?

This might make the board move:

The Prophet (pbuh) said that no old woman will enter paradise. :-)

Salaam

Ibn
I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2011 - 5:49PM #2
visio

The pagan Arabs martyred them when they were all young.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2011 - 3:08AM #3
Ibn

Dec 21, 2011 -- 5:49PM, visio wrote:

The pagan Arabs martyred them when they were all young.

Good try but many did survive. Any other idea (that's a clue)?

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2011 - 5:56AM #4
Ibn

Even an old woman, in this life, would be young woman when she enters paradise.Smile

(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2011 - 8:21AM #5
visio

I always thought that what is referred to as paradise in the Al-Quran/Hadith by the account of Prophet Muhammadsaw's Mi'raj (Ascension) is the realm of the flux of 70,000 angels queuing up at Sidrat-ul-Muntaha to enter ALLAHswt's "Kingdom".   There is no female, nor, male but male and female in one.  No old nor young.   Prophet Muhammadsaw saying was a thank you to all our women folks who have to take all the burden till they are 55, on this earth.   In the heavenly kingdom of the jinn, that burden is shifted to the manfolks.  And they 'll all looks old.  In the paradise they would also be like what were females on earth - young, and no man has ever touched them.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2011 - 10:40PM #6
visio

It was a humourous statement on the part of the Prophet in pulling the legs of the Arab manfolks.   It was intended to explain, by my logical guess, what is written as the Al-Quranic verse Az-Zumar 39 : 6:

ALLAH created you from a single person;  then made from him his wife.   And ALLAH has sent down for you of cattle eight pairs.   ALLAH creates you in the wombs of your mothers;   creation after creation in three veils of darkness.   Such is ALLAH your Lord.   His is the kingdom.  La ilaha ill Huwa.   How then are you truned away.  

If the above is the bone of the verse in Arabic translated into English, then my interpretation of the various specific term are as indicated red in the brackets in the verse which I requote as the following:

ALLAH created you (soul) from a single person (the light);  then made from him (the light) his (the soul) wife.   And ALLAH has sent down for you (the soul) of cattle eight pairs (spirits).   ALLAH creates you (body) in the wombs of your mothers (Note : plurality in wombs and mothers which imply that each soul is regenerated and be sent down with a different sets of bodies and spirits); creation after creation (for each spirit and body the soul inherits, they are successively of different lights) in three veils of darkness (soul, spirit, body).   Such is ALLAH your Lord.   His is the kingdom.  La ilaha ill Huwa.   How then are you truned away.

Comment:   The reality in this verse, as I interpreted it, is that this body and spirit/mind of you and me is not the true you and me.  The true you and me (right at this moment) is the soul.  Thus ALLAH created each of our soul from a single light (of creation).  To each is his/her light of creation. The, in the above verse ALLAH also says from the same light He made for Muhammadsaw's soul a wife (it was just that prophets were of man).  The message, however, apply also to woman.  From their light ALLAH makes for her soul, a husband.  Thus to each of our soul is a spouse, unmanifested somewhere between the heaven and paradise.  And in the case of the late prophet, his wife as defined in the above verse, was none other than the passionate Gabriel.   You may argue and say Gabriel appeared to Muhammadsaw in the form of a man.  That is correct.  But then Gabriel had kept all the images of bodies and spirits that the soul of her lover had inherited since it was created for the first time.  Gabriel (or Gabriella whichever one is comfortable with) is our lover and is our Guardian Archaengel Angel.   Only after perfecting the purification of the last set of spirit and body on earth and in the heaven that the soul is reunited with it's spouse to become an Angel, the returning light of creation (Adam or Eve).  And I am glad to quote here some narratives of Prophet Isasaw (Jesus) that I found in one of the Injil (Gospel) which, in the whole of Al-Quranic sense, is authentic, I believe:

94 :2   "As all creatures come forth from the unseen into this world, so they return to the unseen, and so will they come again until they are purified. Let the bodies of those who depart be committed to the elements, and the Father-Mother, who renews all things, shall give the angels charge over them and let the priestly attendant pray that their bodies may rest in peace, and their souls awake to a joyful resurrection." 

94 : 3   "There is a resurrection from the body, and there is a resurrection in the body. There is a raising out of the life of the flesh, and there is a falling into the life of the flesh. Let us pray for those who have crossed the death divide, and for those that are alive, and for those that are still to cross the birth divide; for all are One family in God. In God they live and move and have their being."

94 : 4   The body that you lay in the grave, or that is consumed by fire, is not the body which will be, but they who come shall receive other bodies, yet their own, and as they have planted in one life, so shall they harvest in another. Blessed are they who suffer wrong in this life, for they shall have greater joy in the life to come. Blessed are they who have worked righteousness in this life, for they shall receive the crown of life."

N.B.  The underlining is mine.

Try yourself to correlate these narratives with Az-Zumar 39 : 6 as I explained above.  There is inheriting and disinheriting elements in GoN 94 : 4, which, in the Al-Quran, is indicated by Al-An'am 6 : 133 :   And your Lord is Rich, full of Mercy;  if He wills, He can destroy you, and in your place make who He wills as your successors, as He raised you from the seed of other people.

What, I believe, Muhammadsaw was saying is that the lady who is ever longing for us, the soul of  manfolks, never age.  The same is said for the womenfolks.   The only entities entering paradise are old souls - male and female.   Nor old woman (purified of lusty desire) would enter paradise.  The same applied to man.   However man lusty desire may not end while on earth.  It may be carried over into the heavenly jinn kingdom.  That's why, I reckon, iblis or satan, more often than not take in the forms of man.   Proof is Ibrahimsaw was stil sexy above 100+ years of age and producing.   And ALLAHswt had something that worked upon Sarah.   Someone has to figure out why Muslim man is allowed to marry more than one if he can afford it and excercise fairness. The first place to  throw away lusts is here, on earth.  Otherwise man may become a father in the heavenly jinn kingdom and bear of offsprings.  A humourous question:  Didn't  Jesus say he came (originated) from the heaven?

Peace!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook