Switch to Forum Live View Unscriptual divorce question??????
3 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2011 - 9:28PM #1
ChristianJW
I divorced my wife for every single unchristian conduct you can imagine with the exeption of adultery. Where in the society's publications indicate priveledge restrictions for me? No judicial committee formed. No shepherding call. In my new congregation no elder has asked me about the divorce but they dont want me giving demos or pioneering. Can anyone help? 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2011 - 12:57AM #2
marken

Dec 19, 2011 -- 9:28PM, ChristianJW wrote:

I divorced my wife for every single unchristian conduct you can imagine with the exeption of adultery. Where in the society's publications indicate priveledge restrictions for me? No judicial committee formed. No shepherding call. In my new congregation no elder has asked me about the divorce but they dont want me giving demos or pioneering. Can anyone help? 

Yes,  Jehovah  can.   make  everything  that  disturbs  you  a  matter  of  prayer.  Also,   be  brave  and  ask  the  elders  WHY? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2012 - 8:18PM #3
Paullittle

Dec 19, 2011 -- 9:28PM, ChristianJW wrote:

I have no idea why, you would need to ask them. Perhaps mis-information has been given them. My ex wife who was adulterous spread falsehoods about me. Check with them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2012 - 3:40AM #4
Newtonian

Paullittle - First, as Marken noted, prayer is important.

Second - I can empathize with you: my wife and I also are not currently permitted to pioneer, etc - like you.  The elders have made it clear to us why - currently foremost is that our home is unclean and they want us to remove our cats from our home which we will not do.   Our home is unclean - we could argue points we disagree on, of course - but the fact remains that we need to clean our home.   Unfortunately, my heart condition (aneurysm, mitral valve prolapse, bicuspid aortic valve, 40% blockage to the right coronary artery - resulting in unstable and right now stuttering (cycling) serious angina) has made it difficult to keep up with the cleaning - I certainly do not disagree with the counsel but, like you, I could complain as my elders are not perfect.

It would seem you divorced on unscriptural grounds (not good) but had scriptural grounds - do the elders now realize you had scriptural grounds - or do they consider this to not be proven by two or more witnesses?   E.g. does your wife claim innocence and that you are wrongly accusing her?   Most important, do you still love one another (we all should love one another, btw)?

Marken does not need to speak to your elders - the Scriptures outline that it is those directly involved that need to talk - and the purpose is also stated:

(Matthew 18:15) . . .“Moreover, if your brother commits a sin, go lay bare his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.

(Matthew 5:23-24) “If, then, you are bringing your gift to the altar and you there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar, and go away; first make your peace with your brother, and then, when you have come back, offer up your gift.

(Colossians 3:12-14) . . .Accordingly, as God’s chosen ones, holy and loved, clothe yourselves with the tender affections of compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, mildness, and long-suffering. 13 Continue putting up with one another and forgiving one another freely if anyone has a cause for complaint against another. Even as Jehovah freely forgave YOU, so do YOU also. 14 But, besides all these things, [clothe yourselves with] love, for it is a perfect bond of union.

Have you considered following Hosea's example of taking back his adulterous wife?

(Hosea 3:1-3) . . .And Jehovah went on to say to me: “Go once again, love a woman loved by a companion and committing adultery, as in the case of Jehovah’s love for the sons of Israel while they are turning to other gods and are loving raisin cakes.” 2 And I proceeded to purchase her for myself for fifteen silver [pieces] and a ho′mer measure of barley and a half-ho′mer of barley. 3 Then I said to her: “For many days you will dwell as mine. You must not commit fornication, and you must not come to belong to [another] man; and I also will be for you.”

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2012 - 9:27AM #5
marken

Hi Brother  Newtonian,  I  just  want  to  commend  you  that  you  do  not  let  any  decision  of  your local  elders  interfere  with your  dedication  to  Jehovah.  we  have  such  a  wonderful  God  and  I  know  he  appreciates  the  problems  that  we  encounter  because of  being  human.  It  has  been  my  feeling  that  some  look  upon  the  privilege  of pioneering  as  a  step up  in position,  but  is  it?   You do  sign  a  contract  that  you will  strive  to put  in  a  certain amount  of  hours  in  the public  ministry  and  that  is  a  wonderful  thing.  However, no  man  can  limit  the  amount  of  time we  spend  speaking  of  the  good  news  of  god's  kingdom.   You  are  often  a  source  of  inspiration  for  myself  with  what  you  have  posted  on  beliefnet.  Keep  on  speaking  of  the  things  you  have  heard  and  seen  and  soon  we  will  be  in  a  cleansed  earth.  Then  I  know  we  will  all  pattern  our  lives  in  such  a  way  that  we  will  become  the perfect  persons  that  few  of  us  are now. 

with  deep  affection  from Marken

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook