Switch to Forum Live View Can there be knowledge of God without knowledge of self?
2 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2011 - 5:24PM #1
zionsfled

In church the other day the minister stated this. That knowledge of God goes in hand with knowledge of self. I found this quite profound because it brought into deeper question of the relationship between God and that of self. It seems a rather Eastern view, and I like it. If we are indeed created n the image then wouldn’t a better understanding of who we are bring us closer to knowing God?

Perhaps it is the East and West bridge the gaps and we come unto a stronger whole.

[link to goz48.wordpress.com]

Be new

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2011 - 1:15PM #2
peterthesplitfish

Nov 3, 2011 -- 5:24PM, zionsfled wrote:

In church the other day the minister stated this. That knowledge of God goes in hand with knowledge of self. I found this quite profound because it brought into deeper question of the relationship between God and that of self. It seems a rather Eastern view, and I like it. If we are indeed created n the image then wouldn’t a better understanding of who we are bring us closer to knowing God?

Perhaps it is the East and West bridge the gaps and we come unto a stronger whole.

[link to goz48.wordpress.com]

Be new

You will find that being said in the Gospel of Thomas well, but few people understand what "knowledge of self" is. Quite often when people think of their god and them being the image of said god, they actually have the image backward from what is. It is people who create the god in their own limited understanding without realizing that the supreme being is not in an organic form. Your true image is that of a being of light and that image is what is called the soul-self and it is that which is like God but not God for it is the one true prophet that created you from the Laws of your birth. It is very completecated and if you wish, we can converse more on this.

Peter M.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook