Switch to Forum Live View My New Age, My Apology
3 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2011 - 1:48PM #1
Mewxacata
Morgan LaFey may have been the initiator of the New Age, yet the religion was founded in the United States in 1960.  It has 3,500,000 adherents and symbolized by the Threefold Moon.

I appreciate your concern.

Sincerely.
Mew Xacata

P.S.  I have these facts from www.patheos.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2011 - 3:04PM #2
malachan

Cool thx Mew, seems like a pretty interesting site.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2011 - 10:39AM #3
Mewxacata

Yes, of course the New Age was founded by Morgan LaFey -- this time, in 1960.  The Sabbians she laid out is a reverse timeline into her own life.

Candlemas celebrates the ascention of Morgan LaFey (Feb. 2)

Beltane celebrates the apologetics of Morgan LaFey (May 1)

Lammas celebrates the atonement of Morgan LaFey (Aug.31)

Halloween celebrates the arrival of Morgan LaFey (Oct. 31)

Of course, her birthplace was unknown although she was adopted by an British nun and emigrated with her to the United States, where she founded the New Age.  Ironically, she was not the only one to do so.  Various teachers laid the foundation of the New Age, into which is a cross between Celtic Christianity and Eastern religion.

Of course, because of the lack of proper information, I had to rely on my imagination of what the New Age consists of.  Now that I have Patheos.com as my source, I will not have to worry about my religion.

Thank you for understanding.

Mew Xacata

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2011 - 12:26PM #4
Mewxacata

Update: There has been a big misunderstanding about the New Age.  For one, the "current" information about the New Age is obsolete.  In 1960, when it was founded, the beliefs have become very familiar.  Today, in 2011, the New Age has changed drastically since the 1990's.  Here is a comparison between the New Age beliefs in 1960 and 2010.

1960: God is a cosmic energy permeating throughout the universe.

2010: God is a celestial force that creates and commands the universe.

1960: Jesus was a spiritual master of his own time.

2010: Jesus is the Wayshower.

1960: The Bible is a book compiled over the millennia with some parts added others removed.

2010: The Bible is the key to the universe.

1960: Salvation is not necessary since the soul is immortal.

2010: Salvation is a blessing from God.

Get the picture.  Also, the New Age started with a mere 3,500,000.  Now it ranks with Hinduism as the third-largest world religion, as shown:

1. Christianity
  2. Islam
  3. Hinduism/New Age
  4. Buddhism
  5. Confucianism
  6. Taoism
  7. Sikhism
  8. Judaism
  9. Baha'i
  10. Shinto

Cheers!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2012 - 7:13PM #5
Bob_Bennett

One cannot found a 'new age'; it is a cycle of time which began around 1965.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2012 - 10:16PM #6
Ajohns32

So do you consider New Age to be more about spirituality than a particular religion with dogma?

I'd recommend the book Selling Spirituality: The Silent Takeover of Religion. The book has an interesting take on what spirituality means in modern capitalist societies. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2012 - 4:43PM #7
Aka_me

Oct 18, 2011 -- 12:26PM, Mewxacata wrote:

Get the picture.  Also, the New Age started with a mere 3,500,000.  Now it ranks with Hinduism as the third-largest world religion, as shown:

1. Christianity
  2. Islam
  3. Hinduism/New Age
  4. Buddhism
  5. Confucianism
  6. Taoism
  7. Sikhism
  8. Judaism
  9. Baha'i
  10. Shinto

Cheers!

Hinduism has somewhere between 800 million and 1 billion adherents.

is New Age claiming that many members as well?

there can be no meaning or value to life, in a universe devoid of meaning and value... because the moment those who knew you are gone, you will never have existed at all.

if you see anyone not screaming at the top of their lungs THE SKY IS FALLING BECAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING! then for prophet Gore's sake help them see the light that doing so is the only means we have of getting off fossil fuel.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook