3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 12:04AM #1
older

He had a love for God but with incorrect knowledge. What made him  be incorrect? It was the traditions  that had developed since the return of Israel  from Babylon Tsrael  had become slaves in  Babylon  for 70 years  and as slaves they began to repent. What had they done? When you read Jeremaih you can see the picture of people thinking what they were doing was  fine and dandy. They were gathering wood for a bonfire used in celebrating  the goddess of fertility. They also poured out drinks and  made a toast for that  certain  goddess. It had become a yearly ritual. And several other  things had taken place. In doing these things they forgot the covenant made with God that said NOother Gods before me (in front of me)   so NO honor was to be given to other gods who did not free them from  slavery, and fed them miraculously for 40 years. Those 40 years were  needed for it was a vast mixed company and  they had come from varius lands and had worshipped many different gods before becoming slaves and they needed to learn the laws and  history of the sons of Israel.
So some of those pagan concepts had been passed down  and Israel had backslid again. The pagans lived near Israel and  they had adopted the pagan custom of not speaking  Gods name.
Paul was a memeber of the sanhedren , and people were punidshed severely for speaking Gods name and  the  religious leaders had also removed gods name from the scriptures. Moses had been told to make Gods name known. Now the scrbes and Paharisees were doing the opposite and  forbidding the use of Gods name.His name had a special reputation. Not only was he known as the  creator, but also as the God who caused his promises to be fulfilled. So the name...not the title,,, was very important.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 1:00PM #2
Newtonian

Hi Older!  My mom named me Paul - indeed I try to imitate my namesake - the apostle Paul.

We just considered at our meeting - I think Sunday - one of my favorite Scriptures about Paul and his ministry companions:

(1 Thessalonians 2:5-8) . . .In fact, at no time have we turned up either with flattering speech, (just as YOU know) or with a false front for covetousness, God is witness! 6 Neither have we been seeking glory from men, no, either from YOU or from others, though we could be an expensive burden as apostles of Christ. 7 To the contrary, we became gentle in the midst of YOU, as when a nursing mother cherishes her own children. 8 So, having a tender affection for YOU, we were well pleased to impart to YOU, not only the good news of God, but also our own souls, because YOU became beloved to us.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2011 - 11:17AM #3
older

If we are to reach the Sauls of Christendom, then we must  get the addresses of the local parish leaders. They have been brain washed for sure. But if they go to Jehovahs kingdom then what about their congregations. So what king of a message should we send them? I have many ideas and perhaps you do. We must treat them kindly of course. Little do they  realize that they are  putting the kingdoms of men above Jehovahs kingdom. The nations have been led by Satan , but they really think the uSA is a nation founded on Jehovahs principals. One great law or command that Jesus stated was go and make disciples. Are they bringing them into Jehovahs kingdom? EVen pagans have  some sense of goodness unually. But they are an accomplice when they belong to political entities.  So what that political entity does they too are guilty of  doing.

My relative stated I should be ashamed to  noat salute the flag.  Well he obviously has never been transferred into the kingdom, as stated at col. 1: 13 Transferred out of darkness and into the kingdom of the son of his love.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2011 - 11:29AM #4
older

Last Sundays meeting was a great eyeopener for some  who look to their pastors as wonderful . We love all our elders and appreciante all they do on our behalf. .....They love us and whensomeone  dies  they are tearful too,but the sting of death is less due to knowing the truth. Like  Jesus said :All of you are brothers and I am your leader. : That leaves no room for special pominence.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook