Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Prophecies of Bahá'u'lláh
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2012 - 3:05PM #31
Ironhold

May 29, 2012 -- 10:29AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

Looks like he might be right.

I've been telling people that for years now.

For example, how many families wouldn't be in major financial turmoil right now if they'd have kept their spending down?

How many people wouldn't be keeling over if they'd have skipped the fast food a little more often?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2012 - 12:47AM #32
Aka_me

May 29, 2012 -- 3:05PM, Ironhold wrote:

May 29, 2012 -- 10:29AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

Looks like he might be right.

I've been telling people that for years now.

For example, how many families wouldn't be in major financial turmoil right now if they'd have kept their spending down?

How many people wouldn't be keeling over if they'd have skipped the fast food a little more often?

the way we'll know this prophecy has come to pass is when:

military spending does NOT exceed everything else

because countries no longer maintain their own military

when global unity has removed their fear of being attacked

and a global common wealth maintains the only standing military

"the well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established"

spoken in the 1800's and unbelievably accurate in today's frenzy of fear mongering specifically designed to perpetuate profits of the arms manufacturers.

we are currently living in "controlled chaos" fomenting a military olympics once every decade and at some point Murphy's Law will be kicking in and all semblance of "control" will vanish as utter chaos reigns supreme.

the only time it's perfectly legal to shoot unarmed black people is when you have cops to plant evidence for you... turning justice into a sham.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 11:43AM #33
TRUECHRISTIAN

"“Do thou remember the one whose power transcended thy power  (Napoleon III), and whose station excelled thy station? Where is he? Whither are gone the things he possessed? Think deeply, O King, concerning him and concerning them who, like unto thee, have conquered cities and ruled over men. The All-Merciful brought them down from their palaces to their graves.”
(Bahá'u'lláh, Kitáb-i-Aqdas, par. 86)"

It was not "LITERALLY" the All Merciful who brought down Napoleon III from his station, it was the "O King"(William I)who brought down Napoleon III.  I am somewhat curious as to why Napleon III is set in parentesis and not O King aka William I.  

Inebriated by her military triumph over her greatest enemy, Germany had no apparent reason to worry for her own safety. Yet in her summit of glory, Bahá’u’lláh painted a desolate panorama of violent vengeance meted out against her -- not just once, but twice:

“O banks of the Rhine! We have seen you covered with gore, inasmuch as the swords of retribution were drawn against you; and you shall have another turn. And We hear the lamentations of Berlin, though she be today in conspicuous glory.”

So if it was God who was responsible for the France-Napolean III being "brought down" then it was God who was responsible for Germany being "brought up". 

What is apparent is that this so called prophecy-warning was ignored.  I would also add that "Berlin" was not the only place that "We" heard lamentation.  

"In fact, the “Rhine” prophecy is positively difficult to interpret otherwise than its near-obvious meaning. The prophecy (1) clearly specifies Germany (“banks of the Rhine”, “lamentations of Berlin”) ,"

In fact the prohecy does not clearly specify "Germany", it clearly specifies the banks of the Rhine.

" (2) implies a military response to an aggression committed by Germany (“swords of retribution”), (3) warns about “another turn” right after a reference to military vengeance, and (4) highlights the present glory of Germany (at the time of revealing the prophecy). "

The Germany that was brougt up due to God. 

It may "imply" a military response but does not clearly state a military response.  And it is not much of a prophecy or revelation to say that there would be a military response to military agression by Germany. 

"The prophecy was made in 1872 after the famed Battle of Sedan in which Prussia defeated France. Therefore it cannot be a reference to the Battle of Sedan. Neither was the Battle of Sedan a “retribution” meted out against Germany but rather an act of imperialist expansionism by Napoleon III. In the period of 1872-2012 history quite simply knows only two military offences against Germany: (1) The advances of the Allied Forces into Germany at the end of World War I, and (2) the advances of the Allied Forces into Germany towards the end of World War II. In both of these cases the offensives against Germany were retributive in character (“swords of retribution”), prompted by the expansionist military aggressions by Germany. When Berlin was bombed by the RAF and the USAAF in the Second World War, the “lamentations of Berlin” were near-literal. The war-reparations imposed on Germany after World War I also added to the well-documented plight of the Berliners."

The so-called prophecy did NOT  mention the Allies, it did NOT mention the number of "retributions" against the "banks of the Rhine.". 

And to make a prophecy that there would be "retribution" against the banks of the Rhine in response to the military agression is not much of a prophecy. 

If I recall correctly when Germay surrended in WWI and signed the armistice there were no Allied Forces in Germany. 

The "lamenations of Germany" are more "literal".  The lamentations of ALL Germans as a result of the retribution-war reparations imposed on Germany because the Germans failed to listen to the prohecies of the Bahuallah.    

"Despite the historical tendency of countries to wage wars and experience civil wars every once in a while, a similar prophecy could not have been “guessed” as applicable to simply any “randomly” selected country over an extended period of a century and half. Only the other Axis powers, such as Italy and Japan, could come close to fulfilling the exact description. However, Japan waged more than two wars during the given period while Italy was never really the target of major Allied offensives of a notably aggressive nature ("covered with gore"). Besides, Germany was clearly specified in the prophecy."

Well I guess you could say that Italy is geographically close to the banks of the Rhine, but it is a bit of streach to include Japan.  

I would also disagree that Italy was not the target of a major offensive by the Allies.   It may not have been as "major" as the Allied offensive against Germany and Japan but it was still a "major" offensive.  

While it is true that both Japan and Italy did wage two wars during that period of time,  Japan and Italy were on the winning-good-allied-God's side during WWI.  

"In brief, the prophecy refers quite unmistakably to a well-known geographic region, a military vengeance, two turns of retribution, and future lamentations of a particular city despite its present glory in 1872. "

What the so-call prohecy fails to mention is other geographic regions involved in the retributions aka WWI and WWII.

What the prohecy does only mention is the future lamentations of one particular, Berlin. 

"

and being that I'm in the gold and silver business, I love the "turn copper to gold".

understanding the periodic table... would show how it's easier to turn lead into gold, and they are already doing that now (by accident).

but turning COPPER into gold is going to require much more nanotechnology in manipulating protons and neutrons the way we manipulate legos today.

trust me, I'll be out of the gold and silver business, and into real estate investments, before science can cost effectively turn copper into gold."

The "literal" prophecy of turning copper into gold as not yet been fullfilled.  

The prohecy did not say that lead will be turned into gold before copper will be turned into gold.

While there are "reports" of lead being turned into gold, this as been accomplished not through alchemy, chemistry or nanotechnology but through the use of nuclear transmutation and at present is far to expensive to have any practical of economic effect.  

Being a citizen of the New World-USA I would tend to agree that it will lead the Old World into Peace.

I could be wrong.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 2:09PM #34
Aka_me

Jun 5, 2012 -- 11:43AM, TRUECHRISTIAN wrote:

and being that I'm in the gold and silver business, I love the "turn copper to gold".

understanding the periodic table... would show how it's easier to turn lead into gold, and they are already doing that now (by accident).

but turning COPPER into gold is going to require much more nanotechnology in manipulating protons and neutrons the way we manipulate legos today.

trust me, I'll be out of the gold and silver business, and into real estate investments, before science can cost effectively turn copper into gold."

The "literal" prophecy of turning copper into gold as not yet been fullfilled.  

The prohecy did not say that lead will be turned into gold before copper will be turned into gold.

While there are "reports" of lead being turned into gold, this as been accomplished not through alchemy, chemistry or nanotechnology but through the use of nuclear transmutation and at present is far to expensive to have any practical of economic effect.  

Being a citizen of the New World-USA I would tend to agree that it will lead the Old World into Peace.

hello,

using the website's quote feature makes it much easier for the reader to know who and when the original quote was made.

what makes this prophecy special... is that at the time it was revealed, science "absolutely KNEW" the prophecy was impossible because atoms could not be changed into different elements. the fact that science has come to realize it was wrong about this now means science agrees the prophecy is both possible and inevitable.

perhaps it is due to the US being the cause of Old World collapse... that it unwittingly leads the process into peace?

the only time it's perfectly legal to shoot unarmed black people is when you have cops to plant evidence for you... turning justice into a sham.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 2:54PM #35
world citizen

It was not "LITERALLY" the All Merciful who brought down Napoleon III from his station, it was the "O King"(William I)who brought down Napoleon III.

Nor did Jesus "LITERALLY" sit on the throne of David or come with a sword.  What point are you trying to make?

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook