2 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2013 - 11:44PM #41
withwonderingawe

She got a second place in the Engineering sectionSmile 

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2013 - 3:23AM #42
MMCSFOX

March 20, 2013 12:15 am • Elyssa Andrus - Daily Herald (Salt Lake)

And then we came to the end: I've been writing these columns for more than a decade now, as far back as when The Skinny had a wider width and was called Frontier Psychiatrist. Back then, I was a 24-year-old assistant editor, practically a newlywed and new to the Herald. Eleven years and four kids later, it's time for me to move on. And I'm sad about it. The good news is that by the time you read this column Doug Fox will have replaced me as the features editor. And I can't think of someone more suited to the job. He's crazy for music and the arts, he writes brilliantly, and he can hyphenate compound modifiers better than anyone I know. (Believe me, it's a gift.)

The above Doug Fox is my nephew and worthy of a brag.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2013 - 3:38AM #43
MMCSFOX

Tonight our Optimist Club gave out 4, scholarships of $1,000 each. One was a sports scholarship to a girl picked by her coaches for her usual routine of teaching and helping the younger and smaller girls on her basketball team. Also being a good player. The other 3 were for our annual “meet the challenge” scholarships to kids who had been almost failing a couple of years ago but turned their life around to bring their grades above 3.0. All 4 talked about being able to succede because of some people who cared about them.

Jesse

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. “
--Robert A. Heinlein

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook