Switch to Forum Live View supplement question
3 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2011 - 9:02PM #1
Grumps
I would like some opinions on this matter.  I recently had an injury that has affected my quality of life and my ability to work.  Thankfully, I am recovering at a fairly rapid rate.  One of my health care providers recommended I take a supplement containing glucosamina dna chondritin.  These products contain shellfish.   Would taking this supplement indicate that I am not trusting God's word about shellfish being bad for my body?  or would it be ok since it is for medical reasons?  I know I am sounding very legalistic about this but what would you guys and girls do in my situation.

Also, I would really appreciate it if I can have your prayers for a rapid and full recovery.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2011 - 8:50PM #2
sincerly

Aug 17, 2011 -- 9:02PM, Grumps wrote:

I would like some opinions on this matter.  I recently had an injury that has affected my quality of life and my ability to work.  Thankfully, I am recovering at a fairly rapid rate.  One of my health care providers recommended I take a supplement containing glucosamina dna chondritin.  These products contain shellfish.   Would taking this supplement indicate that I am not trusting God's word about shellfish being bad for my body?  or would it be ok since it is for medical reasons?  I know I am sounding very legalistic about this but what would you guys and girls do in my situation.

Also, I would really appreciate it if I can have your prayers for a rapid and full recovery.

Hi grumps, welcome to the SDA forums.

I did a little research into your supplement. It is, also, available as vegan(made using  grain). Therefore, no problem for anyone. Since the main usage is for osteoarthritis, I'm confused as to why your physician is prescribing its use for an injury. But then, it may be due to your age and an unrelated condition-----which you didn't specify.

I noticed the chemical formula is C6H13NO5 as a result of hydrolysis. That would be so regardless of the "source". Therefore, neither shellfish nor grain at this stage. However, I would opt for the vegan formula for my osteoarthritis, if I were to use that supplement.

As far as the dietary laws given by GOD in Lev.11 and Deut.14., "glucosamina dna chondritin." is neither shellfish nor grain,(had life) but a chemical/elemental compound.

You do have my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook