Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View God and the purpose for which we were created by him, an idea.
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 6:38PM #11
Bob_Bennett

UPG?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 6:45PM #12
Sacrificialgoddess

Jun 7, 2012 -- 6:38PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

UPG?

Unverifiable Personal Gnosis. The experiences we have that lead us to believe what we believe to be true. Your book is the experience of someone, or perhaps several someones who are not me. Not Nam.

Now I have no reason to believe that their experiences aren't genuine and give them their version of the truth, but they aren't mine, and equally, they give me no reason why I should trust a book over my own experiences.

I have never found a good reason to trust someone else's UPG over my own.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 2:54AM #13
Namchuck

Jun 7, 2012 -- 4:20PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

To repeat the unnecessary, the info comes from the teachings o Jesus in A Course In Miracles.

It's way too complex for you to understand.

You're probably right, Bob. I'm just not credulous enough.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 7:46PM #14
Namchuck

Jun 7, 2012 -- 6:45PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Jun 7, 2012 -- 6:38PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

UPG?

Unverifiable Personal Gnosis. The experiences we have that lead us to believe what we believe to be true. Your book is the experience of someone, or perhaps several someones who are not me. Not Nam.

Now I have no reason to believe that their experiences aren't genuine and give them their version of the truth, but they aren't mine, and equally, they give me no reason why I should trust a book over my own experiences.

I have never found a good reason to trust someone else's UPG over my own.

As self-deception is a well-known human trait, no "unverified" experience ought be trusted, one's own or anyone else's.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook