Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Should I try New Thought?
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2014 - 5:25PM #11
Namchuck

May 5, 2014 -- 4:38PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

There's always the Atheist forums? why come here to bully people?

Why is it that those who cannot justify their assertions with the least evidence are the most inclined to whine "bully" when invited to do so? Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 11, 2014 - 9:08AM #12
Jupiter6208

No you go on boards whose beliefs/theology you don't agree with and tell them their wrong or nuts.I would call that bullying. Your an Atheist I guess so what  that's your path I don't knock anyone's path regardless what I might think about it.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 11, 2014 - 4:49PM #13
Namchuck

May 11, 2014 -- 9:08AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

No you go on boards whose beliefs/theology you don't agree with and tell them their wrong or nuts.I would call that bullying. Your an Atheist I guess so what  that's your path I don't knock anyone's path regardless what I might think about it.

Most of their beliefs are wrong as well as being nuts. 

You don't hold to the view that beliefs are immune to criticism, revision, or rejection, do you? If so, then you are a dogmatist.

By the way, atheism - which is simply the negation of one fallacious hypothesis - is not a "path". 

I would hazard a guess that the reason why you don't "knock" the paths of others is simply because you know how vulnerable your own is.

Goethe said, and I entirely agree with him, that 'The conflict of faith and scepticism remains the proper, the only, the deepest theme of the history of the world and mankind, to which all others are subordinated'. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 15, 2014 - 2:15PM #14
Jupiter6208

I have no reason to i have better things to do then lurking on boards that hardly anyone comes on and when they do pounce on them.  I'd like to see you do that on lets say Christian or any other active  boards lets see how long you last there... just a troll you are. God bless.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 16, 2014 - 2:56AM #15
Namchuck

May 15, 2014 -- 2:15PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

I have no reason to i have better things to do then lurking on boards that hardly anyone comes on and when they do pounce on them.  I'd like to see you do that on lets say Christian or any other active  boards lets see how long you last there... just a troll you are. God bless.

No, I am not a troll. Not only have I been on these boards way longer than you, but I also have a genuine interest in 'science of the mind' which, after all, is what this thread is supposed to be all about and why I visit here from time to time.

What one often discovers here, though, is people like you insecure in their beliefs - desirous of promulgating their personal and preferred superstitions - fishing around in the hope of getting affirmative confirmation from like-minded advocates of unjustified silliness. The first thing one notices about such people is their unwillingness to actually engage the issues. They would like to think that their unsubstantiated beliefs are somehow immune from analysis or criticism.

By the way, most of my conversations are with Christians on Christian boards. I have been active on one of them for almost a year now. Not everyone is as necessarily insecure in their beliefs as you, you know?

And why bother your fictional God on my account?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2014 - 10:01PM #16
Myownpath

Namchuck, no matter how you want to redefine "new thought", on this forum  - it's not your definition. It's OK to admit it. Admit it and move on.

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Oct 24, 2014 - 10:57AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2014 - 12:48AM #17
nytrix
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2014 - 1:35AM #18
quietinside

Wow this is a great resource. Thank you!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook