Switch to Forum Live View Questions for a Philosophy Class
3 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2011 - 2:36PM #1
Alharra

Hello all,

I am taking a Christian worldview class and I have some questions for a project I am working on.  I hope I don't offend  anyone here by asking what may seem to be extremely simple and basic questions.  

I am supposed to be contrast/comparing the Islamic and Christian faiths to answer 5 questions and I am stumped.

1)  Question of Origin: How did life begin?  I already have that one

2) Question of Identity:  What does it mean to be human?

3) Question of Meaning/Purpose:  Why does mankind exist?

4) Question of Morality: What is meant by right or wrong?

5) Question of Destin: Is there life after Death?  

Any help would be appreciated.  I need to provide references if possible as well.

thanks in advance

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2011 - 6:45PM #2
visio

Jun 23, 2011 -- 2:36PM, Alharra wrote:

Hello all,

I am taking a Christian worldview class and I have some questions for a project I am working on.  I hope I don't offend  anyone here by asking what may seem to be extremely simple and basic questions.  

I am supposed to be contrast/comparing the Islamic and Christian faiths to answer 5 questions and I am stumped.

Hi!  I'll fill you in the blanks.  They may not represent all Muslims. 

1)  Question of Origin: How did life begin?  I already have that one

To be part and parcel of ALLAHswt as a slave and agent to create, sustain and destroy whatever manifests out of His Light of Creation (the generic Light of Adam) which are generated non-stop thru the purification system and command ALLAHswt had prescribed on His Drawing Board which He revealed thru His human messengers that He appointed.  

ALLAHswt desires Himself to be known and that only He exists.   Mankind existence is to serve ALLAHswt's Own Desire and as a bridge to keep all this creation as His moving and dynamic companion.

There is no right or wrong as far as ALLAHswt is concerned.   It is just a set of conducts He set upon all the servants, slaves, agents, caliphs to perform the purification process needed to sustain the Universe that He created to keep His Own company.   Otherwise, He would be all alone and without activities.  Right means obeying all the He commanded in this purification process of restoring the spirits of all of His creation.  Wrong means, instead of being supportive of all of his commands in the purification process, the slaves, agents, caliphs themselves become the part of impurities and mischiefs at all planes and plain of creation.  ALLAHswt designed and created that pair of right and wrong, the polarity which is essential to sustain the continuity the Universe He so desires to keep His company.  Everything flows out of Him and everything returns to Him and He sustains the flow.

Yes, definitely and in many different phases and stages, before the Final Return to and in ALLAHswt.

Any help would be appreciated.  I need to provide references if possible as well.

thanks in advance

My pleasure.  Hope that helps.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2011 - 7:11PM #3
Abdullah.

Hello all,

I am supposed to be contrast/comparing the Islamic and Christian faiths to answer 5 questions and I am stumped.1)  Question of Origin: How did life begin?  I already have that one 

Hi Alharra!, welcome!

see the Muslim Creation Story  thread 

it means to worship Allah 24/7 for that is the reason we were created; if we sleep in the way of the prophet Muhammad [saw], then that  too would be 'worship'

to worship ALlah; this is the reason mankind and jinn [another spirit like creature] were created

there are some obvious right and wrongs that man can deduce himself, such as murder is wrong etc, and the rest of them is what ALlah [swt] defines as right and wrong in His last revelation, the Holy Quran

Yes indeed; there will be the Judgement Day, and subsequently, heaven or hell; these two abodes are everlasting

"I have created the jinn and humankind only for My worship." (Quran 51:56)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_th...

Quran 98. 6-8: Lo! those who disbelieve, among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters, will abide in fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings. (And) lo! those who believe and do good works are the best of created beings. Their reward is with their Lord: Gardens of Eden underneath which rivers flow, wherein they dwell for ever. Allah hath pleasure in them and they have pleasure in Him. This is (in store) for him who feareth his Lord. 

thanks in advance

your welcome!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook