Switch to Forum Live View Samsara evidence in worship
4 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2011 - 10:58PM #1
Roxy27
Hi all,
I'm new here.  I'm interested in obtaining some more knowlege about Hindu worship; particularly how the belief in samsara shows in the rituals of worship.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2011 - 11:59PM #2
Jm8

Namaste Roxy and welcome here.

The first morning arati sung in ISKCON begins with this stanza:

saMsAra-dAvAnala-lIDha-loka-
trANAya kAruNya-ghanAghanatvam
prAptasya kalyANa-guNArNavasya
vande guroH zrI-caraNAravindam

saMsAra-(of) material existence; dAvA-anala-(by) the forest fire; lIDha-afflicted; loka-the people; trANAya-to deliver; kAruNya-of mercy; ghanAghana-tvam-the quality of a cloud; prAptasya-who has obtained; kalyANa-auspicious; guNa-(of) qualities; arNavasya-who is an ocean; vande-I offer obeisances; guroH-of my spiritual master; zrI-auspicious; caraNa-aravindam-unto the lotus feet.

The spiritual master is receiving benediction from the ocean of mercy. Just as a cloud pours water on a forest fire to extinguish it, so the spiritual master delivers the materially afflicted world by extinguishing the blazing fire of material existence. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master, who is an ocean of auspicious qualities.

kksongs.org/songs/s/samsaradavanala.html
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVuY8bfzbgM

Hope this helps. Hare Krsna
Your servant, bh. Jan

www.vrindavan-dham.com
www.veda.harekrsna.cz

dvaitaM bandhAya mokSAt prAk prApte bodhe manISayA
bhaktyarthaM kalpitam dvaitaM advaitAd api sundaram

"Duality is bondage before moksa and wisdom after realization. The duality accepted for the purpose of bhakti is sweeter than even non-duality." (from mangalacarana to Advaitasiddhi sara sangraha by Madhusudana Sarasvati, former advaitin)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2011 - 2:19AM #3
gangajal

[[[how the belief in samsara shows in the rituals of worship]]]

Roxy,

There is no need to worship if you believe in samsara. Need for worship arises if you want to escape from samsara.

Gangajal

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook