Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
3 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2011 - 6:11AM #1
Hurtlocker
Sirs and Ma'ams,

I've had a few occurrances that I don't fully understand, and am hoping that someone can help me glean insight.

The first and most prominent are the animals.  Three weeks ago, there was a falcon that would follow me around at work.  All week, and ussually resting on a gate.  I spent last week sheparding hundreds of baby frogs from my work area to the water.  This week, I am continually accompanied by a dragonfly.

There have been visions, but I understand them save one.

Was in mid Yoga session (Child's pose), when I felt the ground looking up at me.  I then felt/heard it say "Speak".  Was unsure how to react, and in the middle of a bunch of other people, so I did not.  Since, I've had similar visions of "speaking" with the ocean.

Any guidance would be greatly valued
Charlie
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2011 - 8:13AM #2
Forest Child

Jun 3, 2011 -- 6:11AM, Hurtlocker wrote:

Sirs and Ma'ams,

I've had a few occurrances that I don't fully understand, and am hoping that someone can help me glean insight.

The first and most prominent are the animals.  Three weeks ago, there was a falcon that would follow me around at work.  All week, and ussually resting on a gate.  I spent last week sheparding hundreds of baby frogs from my work area to the water.  This week, I am continually accompanied by a dragonfly.

There have been visions, but I understand them save one.

Was in mid Yoga session (Child's pose), when I felt the ground looking up at me.  I then felt/heard it say "Speak".  Was unsure how to react, and in the middle of a bunch of other people, so I did not.  Since, I've had similar visions of "speaking" with the ocean.

Any guidance would be greatly valued
Charlie

Hi Charlie

From what you have written, if this were my experience (since we can only ever understand something from the framework of our own experience) I would first start to research what 'Falcon', 'Frog' and 'Dragonfly' mean to me. 

Falcon or Hawk is regarded in many cultures as a Divine messenger and hence the power to see beyond the usual horizons.  They are often solitary creatures, harassed by other birds to stay away yet swift and lethal hunters when they set their sights on a target.  Their sight is extraordinary, far ranging and they see detail which others do not. 

Frog is the archetypal creature of change.  In European folklore frog is the prince in disguise and teaches us about looking beyond the surface.  Frogs 'show' us the transmutation process from egg, through swimming to a 4 legged creature equally at home in water or on land.  Some (frogs and toads) have magical properties and are depicted sitting on mushrooms, also a symbol for assisted vision or magical entry to the otherworld.  They can be gatekeepers of sorts.  In Southern USA, there are frog ocarinas which are supposed to call upon the spirits of the frog to ask for rain.  Sometimes when we have been turned into something we don't like or which isn't really us by difficult circumstances (the witch turns the prince into a frog until a princess will kiss him) it takes a compassionate act to allow us to become who we truly are once more.

Dragonfly here in the UK is the symbol of breaking through, coming to a new state of being if only for a little while.  They are virtually unchanged from pre-history and are little dinosaurs in our midst.  However, some NA tribes have stories about the Dragonfly who was too arrogant and flashy and was taught a few hard lessons because of it.  Sometimes we finally achieve some new state of being only to find that we brought some ego baggage with us.  Dragonfly can teach us about being too flashy and yet sticking to the old ways, what works!

If the Earth speaks, perhaps it is appropriate to listen?

I'll take my own advice now and shut up  . . . ;)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2011 - 4:17PM #3
Hurtlocker
Thank you for taking the time to help.  That feels correct, and is like reading dreams.  As for the earth, I was shown by my father how to see some of the signs of the earth.  It was very humbling to hear the earth so clearly, and I instantly knew that my knowledge is limited there.  Obviously I need to denounce ego in this, as I am in no comparison to these things.  If the earth says speak, how?  Or should I even be so bold as to speak to the earth?  My animal guides are my brothers, but I have yet to give them due.  I hear them speaking, but don't know their language.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2011 - 2:50PM #4
Tenlionz

As an NDN I can tell you that we devote great ceremonies to speaking with our Mother the Earth. My Nation Chickasaw has what is called the Stomp Dance. This is shared by many Tribes, most notably the Muskogee, or the 5 Civilized Tribes of Oklahoma. We Dance around the sacred fire and stamp our feet upon the Earth to communicate with Her. We commune with the Spirits of creation in this way as well, our brothers and sisters the animals understand the dance and show respect for our way. The creatures you mention are all travelers , they know the paths to holy places and the way back.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2011 - 7:08PM #5
Hurtlocker

Tenlion,

Thank you for your insight.  I have had a few visions of others that travel between realms, like Anubis, normally while sleeping.  My job has had me travelling for over ten years now, and I miss my family greatly.  These thing may be related.  To your speaking to the earth, I reflected while walking on the sand.  I could feel the movements (life) of others nearby.  If I feel through the earth, can the earth feel through me?

I had another visit today from a dragonfly.  This one was very small, almost mistakable for a fly.  I found him on my side as I was walking near the ocean.  My mood was very placid, and there he was strugling to gain height.  I offerred him my finger, to which he accepted, and lifted him as high as I could and faced him toward the breaze.  Then he was gone, and I was happy

Thank you again, all

Charlie

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2011 - 6:56PM #6
Tenlionz

As a Mother senses the pain of her child even at great distance, so does our Mother the Earth feel her own children, this is why its important to my People to stay in tune with our Great Mother. We live by her law within the Great Circle. The Dragon Fly is big Medicine my friend, your on an important path. I feel ya Charlie, I used to do the traveling thing to. I gave it up and have never regretted it

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2011 - 7:13PM #7
Hurtlocker

Thank you Ten Lionz.  Trying to put an end to the travelling days, and return home.  I really do appreciate your help on this, and it does feel like the inner journey is taking the wheel for now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 10:22AM #8
Tenlionz

My pleasure my friend. I believe many people get wrapped up in a religion and get tunnel vision from the experience, instead of simply observing and listening, this is how the Great Spirit teaches in truth. There is no one great old book that can explain everything, we as Children and students are in class if you will through out our journey, some hope to read all the answers or get them from some wize philosopher when the answers are all around us every day and every night, we simply have to slow down take notice to learn what the Great Spirit would like to teach us about our personal path. These things we observe become the tools of our faith, so that we may call on them as needed in order to carry out the mission and plan created for us as individuals.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 10:38AM #9
Hurtlocker
Completely agree.  The holy books do speak of God, but no one book answers all.  I think if we are to truly understand the wisdom that is there for us, we must learn from every outlet.  Accepting and loving those that would help to open our eyes and hearts.  The earth has many things to teach us about life and death, about rebirth and cycles, and about love and the relation of things.  We all feel both the heavens and the earth, and we are inhabitants of both in spirit.  All of these things are beginning to come together for me, and I am very humbled and grateful to those who are helping me add vibrance and color to my faith and life.

Thank you Ten Lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2011 - 3:30AM #10
Wanderingal

Hurtlocker--hi. Interesting experiences you've described here. I understand your asking for some guidance jn understanding them but as I think most of us have discovered we really have to figure out what these events mean to/for us--and no one else can do that for us.

I once had an entire flock of Ravens fly down and stand in the roadway right in front of my car for over five minutes. The road was too narrow for me to drive around them so I had to sit there and look at them--they are very large birds--while they looked right at me.

I asked a lot of people what they thought that meant but I didn't really understand the event until I figured it out for myself and my own practice/life.

These experiences can bo so puzzling and so wonderful at the same time. Sometimes all we can do is give thanks that they have been sent our way.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook