Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The New Age Religion
3 years ago  ::  May 31, 2011 - 7:52PM #1
Mewxacata

The New Age is said to be a religion founded by Morgan LaFey in 10th century England, only for the faith to be established in 1979.  This was due to the lack of culture during the medieval, Renaissance and Colonial periods.  Now that the New Age -- a holiday tradition -- obtained the imagry of the cosmos, it branched off of Celtic Christianity.

The New Age is only available for those under 21 years of age.  Of course, if the New Ager is over 21, then he or she is permitted to continue the practice of faith.  The New Age movement was a parallel based upon the teachings of the New Age religion.  Some New Agers smuggled the works of the religion to the non-New Age adults, into whom also study the works of the other world religions.

Some may think that the New Age sounds like this:

We are approaching the New Age of Aquarius, into which we will live in peace and brotherhood.  We must tap into the power of the human mind if we wish to be spared from the destruction that prevails during the cataclism before that given era.  We have attain a level of consciousness into which will bereave us from the damage and destruction caused by these changes.

The New Age religion sounds like this:

We are children of the indigo color, children that are spiritually more advanced than the average child.  We cannot allow them to participate in the other world religions lest risk vandalism.  We must do what is right and allow the world to follow suit.  In short, we are a religion of children struggling to face reality.  Yes, we do not allow persons over 21 years of age but we do allow New Age adults to practice the faith.  This is for the good of the indigo children.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 31, 2011 - 8:42PM #2
mountain_man

May 31, 2011 -- 7:52PM, Mewxacata wrote:

The New Age is said to be a religion founded by Lady Serena of Glastonbury, practiced by conversion of the barbarian Germanic tribes, into whom left for Asia in the 12th century to avoide the witch hunts.  During their stay in Asia, they picked up on beliefs from Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism.  When they returned, they were asked to participate in the Crusades.  Those who stayed behind were called the Teuton New Agers while those who fought were called the Breton New Agers.

The central beliefs are as follows: (1)The reason for suffering is because we are hellbound, (2)The reason we are hellbound is because of past lives, (3)The reason for past lives is because of karmic debt and (4)The reason for karmic debt is because of our foolishness.

That sounds like a religion to avoid... but then all of them should be.

Did you know that threads in the "Hot Topics Zone" are supposed to be accompanied to a link to a recent event in the news?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 31, 2011 - 9:24PM #3
Ebon

1) Evidence?

2) "New Age" covers a massive variety of bunkum, beliefs, folk remedies, mythology and urban legends (some or all of which may also be bunkum).

3) This is Hot Topics. That means current affairs and you're supposed to include a news link in your OP.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 31, 2011 - 9:47PM #4
Ken

The New Age is said to be a religion founded by Lady Serena of Glastonbury . . .

There was no such person. In another post you identified her as "St. Fiona of Glastonbury." Again, there was no such person.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 31, 2011 - 10:18PM #5
mytmouse57

Sounds like a hoot.

Do they hold bake sales?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 31, 2011 - 10:41PM #6
mountain_man

May 31, 2011 -- 9:47PM, Ken wrote:

The New Age is said to be a religion founded by Lady Serena of Glastonbury . . .

There was no such person. In another post you identified her as "St. Fiona of Glastonbury." Again, there was no such person.

That hasn't stopped any religion.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 31, 2011 - 10:49PM #7
MMarcoe

The New Age is said to be a religion founded by Lady Serena of Glastonbury, practiced by conversion of the barbarian Germanic tribes, into whom left for Asia in the 12th century to avoide the witch hunts.  During their stay in Asia, they picked up on beliefs from Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism.  When they returned, they were asked to participate in the Crusades.  Those who stayed behind were called the Teuton New Agers while those who fought were called the Breton New Agers.

The central beliefs are as follows: (1)The reason for suffering is because we are hellbound, (2)The reason we are hellbound is because of past lives, (3)The reason for past lives is because of karmic debt and (4)The reason for karmic debt is because of our foolishness.

How is this a hot topic?

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2011 - 12:05AM #8
solfeggio

It doesn't qualify as a 'hot' topic, but, nevertheless, I Googled it:

www.sullivan-county.com/nf0/nov_2000/new...

www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/eckan...

Looks like a lot of nonsense and gobbledygook.

But, then, isn't that the definition of all religions?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2011 - 12:38AM #9
Ebon

A religion is just a form of belief system. The bit to consider is not whether it's true but whether the teachings are worthwhile.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2011 - 4:28AM #10
DotNotInOz

I was a New Ager for about 25 years and never heard that its founding could be attributed to any one person. Every reputable source I read said that it is impossible to determine the origin of what we call New Age beliefs. As with many such things, there are numerous theories which generally represent someone's guess.

As for (1) and (2) above, complete crap. I've never encountered either a New Ager or a New Age text that gave any credence whatsoever to the existence of hell beyond the belief that we create our own hell (a state of mind) by negative thinking. Otherwise, there is no hell, a Christian concept. 

(3) and (4) have some basis, but that's not the entire reason for rebirth.

Sounds to me like this garbage came from some Christian site.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook