Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
3 years ago  ::  May 31, 2011 - 3:13AM #1
Sugano
Hello Everyone,
I received a 100% on my test for neo-paganism. I wanted to check it out and see what its like. My familly is all Christian, but I knew they were wrong about something so I came seeking out another religion. So I just wanted to say Hi and maybe someone could introduce me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2011 - 9:43PM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Congratulations, Sugano:

I received a 100% on my test for neo-paganism.
Same here.

What belief system was bottom of your list?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2011 - 3:10AM #3
Sugano

Jul 7, 2011 -- 9:43PM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Congratulations, Sugano:

I received a 100% on my test for neo-paganism.
Same here.

What belief system was bottom of your list?

I didnt check. Probably anything related to having strict religious rules/customs. Is it important?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2011 - 6:00AM #4
Karma_yeshe_dorje

G'day Sugano:

strict religious rules/customs
Today I met an accountant, who thought that art meant painting-by-numbers! What do you dislike about the above?

Is it important?
We are defined by what we aren't, just as by what we are! Do you consider your beliefs unimportant?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2011 - 12:11AM #5
Relic94

I just wanted to say that I also just recieved a 100% of Neo-Paganism on the quiz. My bottom was 18% Roman Catholic. I go to a Catholic school and have been raised Catholic. And I agree with the statement we defined by what we are just as much as what we aren't. Only... this is semi-unsettling, no?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2011 - 6:20AM #6
Sugano

I feel belief is important but should not define who I am as a person. I just want to be able to believe in something instead of be surrounded by unanswerable questions like what happens after death or what is my purpose.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2011 - 7:43AM #7
Karma_yeshe_dorje

G'day Relic94:

I go to a Catholic school
You might be interested in studying:
• ancient history;
• biology;
• comparative religion;
• geology;
• forestry;
• meteorology;
• horticulture;
• Celtic languages;
• mythology; etc.

unsettling
Good: unsettle some more!

Hi Sugano:

believe
We all have beliefs. They summarise our understanding!

surrounded by unanswerable
You are intolerant of ambiguity. I spent many years studying nature, professionally!

what happens after death
A member of my Pagan group was studying forensic science. She regaled us with gruesome tales from the morgue!

what is my purpose
I personally believe that this is very, very important. Make sure that you don't get sucked into an occupation that you consider meaningless! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2011 - 11:50AM #8
Relic94

Jul 10, 2011 -- 7:43AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

G'day Relic94:

I go to a Catholic school
You might be interested in studying:
• ancient history;
• biology;
• comparative religion;
• geology;
• forestry;
• meteorology;
• horticulture;
• Celtic languages;
• mythology; etc.

unsettling
Good: unsettle some more!

I'm taking World Religions next year, that's about the closest that it gets to any of that. I don't know if we'll study any form of Neo-Paganism or Witchcraft, to be honest, but at least it's a start. My school's pretty small and doesn't offer much. All my research has pretty much have to be me on my own. 

And for the unsettling thing, that's true. It wouldn't do anybody any harm for a more open mind. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2011 - 3:01PM #9
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Relic94:

World Religions
Vaisnava Hinduism is polytheistic. I was on the committee of the Hindu Temple here for a year!

I don't know if we'll study any form of Neo-Paganism or Witchcraft
Try classics; the ancient Greeks and Romans were Pagan.

It wouldn't do anybody any harm for a more open mind.
That is what I want to see you demonstrate!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2011 - 1:04AM #10
Relic94

I'm trying to have as open mind as possible approaching this situation. I just don't know if I'm going to tell anyone exactly yet until I'm positive about something. For example, to say that I'm still researching makes it seem as if I'm not certain that I want to pursue this further, but am merely going through a phase. Since I'm a bit younger, I know what it is like not to be taken seriously, and this is not what I want out of my friends/family. Others I could care less about.

Right now I am searching for some sort of tradition. Though I am still researching it, I don't know if a polytheistic tradition is best for me. I shouldn't say this because I have not fully researched it, but I would rather focus on the entire 'Universal Spirit' shall we call it, rather than seperate parts. I am currently thinking about something Celtic, but I am not sure what. How does one go about learning their tradition? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook