Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Know God and serve Him with a perfect heart
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 12:18PM #1
Bob10
2 Timothy 1:3 (Worldwide English (New Testament))
I worship God with a 'clean heart', as my fathers did. And I thank God when I talk to him about you. I always do this night and day.

1 Chronicles 28:9 (King James Version)
And you, Solomon my son, know the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart ...

1 Kings 8:61 (King James Version)
Let your heart therefore be 'perfect' with the LORD our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.

1 John 2:3-4 (King James Version)
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Galatians 4:8-9
Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.

9But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

2Tim. 2:19
The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Psalms 119:3
They also do no iniquity;
         They walk in His ways. (1kings 3:14)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 28, 2011 - 10:00AM #2
Rgurley4

Shucks Bob...you collected all the "tuff stuff" on how to LIVE!

How about some "soft stuff" when a believer falls short of the perfection of the TRI-UNE God!?! I can't be perfect, I can try, but when I fail, I am...

...FORGIVEN...

Matthew 6:9-15...Jesus:...Pray for forgiveness
9 "This, then, is how you should pray: "`Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. '
14 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Matthew 9....Jesus: A Paralytic Healed...sins forgiven
6 But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”,,,(miracle!)

Mark 11: 24-25......Jesus:...forgiving fellow believers as a CONDITION to receiving forgiveness? 
25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him,
so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins
Luke 6: 36-37......Jesus:...forgiving fellow believers as a CONDITION to receiving forgiveness? 
37 ...Forgive, and you will be forgiven....

1 John 1: 8-10...Agree with Gon that you have SINNED...forgiveness for believers
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

Ephesians 4: 30-32....Paul...Walk in the Spirit
30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.
32 Be kind to one another, tender-hearted,
forgiving each other,
just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

Hebrews 10...ONE sacrifice for sin / forgiveness
4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins....
10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all....
 17 “AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE.”
 18 Now where there is forgiveness of these things (SINS), there is no longer any offering for sin. ...
38 BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH;
AND IF HE (believers) SHRINKS BACK (sins), MY SOUL (God) HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.
39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2011 - 11:10AM #3
Bob10

Hi, Rgurley4

the end --> the aim --> the goal --> the purpose

James 5:11
King James Version

Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen THE END of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen THE OUTCOME of the Lord’s dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful. -- NASB.

Indeed we call blessed those who showed endurance. You have heard of the endurance of Job, and you have seen THE PURPOSE of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful. -- NRSV.

------------------------------------------------

1 Timothy 1:5
King James Version

Now THE END of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

But THE GOAL of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. -- NASB.

But THE AIM of such instruction is love that comes from a pure heart, a good conscience, and sincere faith. -- NRSV

--------------------------------------------------

Romans 10:4
New King James Version

For Christ is THE END of the law for righteousness to every one that BELIEVES.

1 Peter 2:21-22
New King James Version

For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 “ Who committed no sin,
Nor was deceit found in His mouth”;

1 Corinthians 11
" Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ."

who is the ultimate example of obedience to the law for Righteousness to everyone who BELIEVES (Rom. 10:4).

Acts 21:20
New King James Version

And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have BELIEVED, and they are all zealous for the law;

Is Christ divided? - 1Cor. 1:13

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2011 - 7:29PM #4
Rgurley4

1. Know God AND 2. Serve Him with a "perfect heart" (mature spiritual wisdom)

TRANSLATION:
1. BELIEVE / have FAITH in the TRI-UNE God, leading to SALVATION
2. Then Progressive SALVATION and SANCTIFICATION and MATURITY,
    leading to the growth of the BELIEVER'S GOOD WORKS which will be JUDGED.

1. You can't WORK your way to heaven....

...you are saved by GRACE (unmerited favor) through FAITH

2. Without the guidance of the indwelling God the Holy Spirit, you can do NOTHING of value...

...your WORKS after salvation will be JUDGED, not the eternal security of your Spirit/Soul.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2011 - 2:42PM #5
Bob10

Hi, Rgurley4 ------

Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. -- Rev. 14:12.

Who taught the saints to keep God's Commandments?

we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for the sake of his name, including yourselves who are called to belong to Jesus Christ, To all God’s beloved in Rome, who are called to be saints: Grace to you -- Rom. 1:5-7, NRSV

YES, GRACE to you Sabbath-keeping, Commandment-keeping Gentiles (1Cor. 7:19).

For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints. -- 1 Cor. 14:33.

I urge you, brethren—you know the household of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have devoted themselves to the ministry of the saints—  -- 1Cor. 16:15

For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. -- Heb. 6:10

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2011 - 5:21AM #6
Rgurley4

All  spiritually "born again from above" Believers in the risen Jesus the Christ are "saints" because we all have been "sanctified"...beginning at the moment of salvation. The balance of our lives is "worked out" as PROGRESSIVE SANCTIFICATION.

What we do with our lives after the permanent indwelling of God the Holy Spirit will be judged.

1 Corinthians 3:10-15 (NIV)...Judgment of the BELIEVER'S WORKS
10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder,
and someone else is building on it.
But each one (BELIEVER) should be careful how he BUILDS.
11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid,
which is Jesus Christ.(salvation)
12 If any man BUILDS on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
13 his WORK will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it (WORKS) to light.
It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's WORK.
14 If what he has BUILT survives, he will receive his REWARD.(CROWNS)
15 If it (WORK) is burned up, he will suffer LOSS;
he himself will be SAVED, but only as one escaping through the flames.

And if we follow the leading of God the Holy Spirit, we will build on the example and teachings of Jesus...the cornerstone...bread...water...the nerrow gate and door...the Good Shepherd...the True Vine.

JOY in the Christian's life here and forever: TRUST and OBEY the precepts and examples of Jesus of Nazareth...the TRI-UNE God

Psalm 19:8
The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Psalm 51:10-12
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

John 15:
"I am the vine; you are the branches.
If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit;
apart from me you can do nothing....
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love,
just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in His love.
I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2011 - 10:30AM #7
Bob10

He (Jesus) replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” -- Lk 11:28, NIV.

and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him -- Heb. 5:29.

We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him (Mk 12:29-34)  -- Acts 5:32

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”  -- john 3:36, NASB

but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation  -- Rom. 2:8

draw near to God -- James 4:8

You are near, O LORD,
And all Your commandments are truth.  -- psalm 119:151

Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness,
And Your law is truth.  -- Psalm 119:142

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2011 - 1:19PM #8
Rgurley4

Obedience is for believers.

Obedience is for Sons to give to their TRI-UNE God in worship and service in the Spirit!

Obedience is for Christ-FOLLOWERS!

Obedience to the LAW (Mosaic) cannot SAVE you...GRACE through FAITH = SALVATION

DISObedience for believers is solved by simple confession directly to the only Advocate.

DISObedience for UNbelievers results in judgment to eternal separation from God. (Lake of Fire)

How to LIVE your LIFE:

Mark 8 (NIV)...Jesus' demands on His followers...(my comments in parens. added !)
34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples (saved believers) and said: 
"If anyone would come after me, he must
>>>1. deny himself, (put God -spouse - children - family - friends - enemies BEFORE love of SELF) and
>>>2. take up his cross, (sacrifice of self - DOER of the WORD)
>>>3. and follow me. (keep / OBEY Jesus' precepts / examples)
35  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it,
but whoever loses his life for ME and for the GOSPEL will save it. (total OBEDIENCE!)
36  What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? (Body-Soul-Spirit)
37  Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? (Body-Soul-Spirit)
38  If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation,
the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."(Second Coming)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2011 - 11:54AM #9
Anesis

Bob, please remember this is an Evangelical Christianity forum. While SDA may hold to teaching on keeping the commandments, EC's believe in salvation through faith in Christ. For us, it is about relationship, not about works. The flip side is that we believe that as long as we remain in the Word, it is useful for equipping up for every good work, and we believe in the summation of all the commandments into one: Love God, love your neighbour. So everything we do, we do in love. It's about the attitude of works, not about the work itself.

You repeatedly come to the forum and post about keeping commandments. If you would like to post about keeping commandments, I'm sure the Seventh Day Adventist forum would be a suitable place to do so. For us, we believe in grace, in relationship, in attitude, and that our works (what we do; behaviour; "commandment-keeping") will reflect the attitude with which we are called to do good works: Love.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2011 - 10:51AM #10
Bob10

Hi, Anesis --

"will reflect the attitude with which we are called to do good works: Love"

Jesus: If you love Me, keep My Commandments -- Jn. 14:15

If you don't love Me, you will not keep My commandments  -- John 14:24

I love those who love me;
And those who diligently seek me will find me. -- Proverbs 8:17 NASB

Anesis, if you love someone, you will listen to them.

As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.”

He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” -- Lk 11:27-28 NIV   ------ Dt. 30 -- Paul preaches from here -- Romans 10:6-8

Of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God

--- Colossians 1:24 NASB

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook