Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Where else can I go?
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2011 - 1:40AM #1
Marvel_1
I will keep this somewhat brief. I was very active for several years.....but recently I have  drifted away. I havent been to the meeting for some time now.. I have read much on the internet about the Jw faith.Much of what I read  was from people who  were associated but no longer are jws,I ask those who have who left  a few  question. Where do you worship at now? If not the Kingdom hall then where?

Marvel_1
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2011 - 2:35AM #2
Imperfectense

May 10, 2011 -- 1:40AM, Marvel_1 wrote:

I will keep this somewhat brief. I was very active for several years.....but recently I have  drifted away. I havent been to the meeting for some time now.. I have read much on the internet about the Jw faith.Much of what I read  was from people who  were associated but no longer are jws,I ask those who have who left  a few  question. Where do you worship at now? If not the Kingdom hall then where?

Marvel_1

Continue to go to the kingdom hall, if nothing else is established jws are just another religion like all the other chrisitian relgions before the Bible students...at least you have the knowledge to know better than to  believe that doctrinal error and speculation that WTS teaches is not "coming from God" that counting hours as a measure of spirituality that  WTS promotes but scripture does not teach is NOT "coming from Jehovah"  that the number of partakers counted year after year since 1935 as representing the remenant of 144,000 is not true and   is NOT what the bible really teaches.

Like the millions of Christian people who have lived and died, since the 1st century who lived their life in faith in Christ and God morally, ethically and some misunderstandings of scripture whom Jehovah and Christ alone will judge justly as to their genuineness...this is what we all must do....as long as it does not bring damage to us....as there can be a conflict in our conscious constantly hearing someone attach God's active hand in matters that clearly do not.  So enjoy the social aspects do nothing out of compulsion.

Hope this helps. Many Jews probably felt this way before Jesus officially condemend the religious institution at that time...something better is coming!

WTS Bible Dictionary Insight-2 p. 1132 Truth
"Being “the spirit of the truth,” God’s holy spirit could never be the source of error but would protect Christ’s followers from doctrinal falsehoods. (Compare 1Jo 2:27; 4:1-6.)...)

Watchtower 1987 11/1 p. 29 Religion’s Tidal Wave—The Final Reckoning
Examine the religious institution to which you belong. Does what it stands for agree with the Bible in every way? If not, then your organization is part of “Babylon the Great,” or the world empire of false religion. Follow the command found at Revelation 18:4, which is: “Get out of her, my people, . . . if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2011 - 11:27AM #3
Marvel_1

Thankyou for your response. I can see the logic behind what you your saying, After my time away I began to draw the similar conclusion.I searched  all the anti jw websites and I end up right back where I started from. I didnt drift  dut to doctrine.....I drifted cause I saw, at least to me, was a display of  lack of  brotherly love. But to be fair that cant be said of all......however thats what started me looking outside.   To be even more balanced and fair at the  same time many anti-jw sites niether the people or the material I read didnt display much chrsitain love either. So When it comes to Jws I may have to be willing to forgive them  and gradually get back to where I was at the Kh.  Again thank you for response.

Marvel_1

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 11, 2011 - 4:19AM #4
Iksplorer

May 10, 2011 -- 11:27AM, Marvel_1 wrote:

Thankyou for your response. I can see the logic behind what you your saying, After my time away I began to draw the similar conclusion.I searched  all the anti jw websites and I end up right back where I started from. I didnt drift  dut to doctrine.....I drifted cause I saw, at least to me, was a display of  lack of  brotherly love. But to be fair that cant be said of all......however thats what started me looking outside.   To be even more balanced and fair at the  same time many anti-jw sites niether the people or the material I read didnt display much chrsitain love either. So When it comes to Jws I may have to be willing to forgive them  and gradually get back to where I was at the Kh.  Again thank you for response.

Marvel_1

Marvel_1,  I know what you mean about a display of lack of brotherly love.  You have to remember, though, that all of us are imperfect.  It takes time to change, to become the kind of person God wants us to be.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 11, 2011 - 3:54PM #5
marken

May 10, 2011 -- 11:27AM, Marvel_1 wrote:

Marvel_1

I  would  recommend  that  you  don't  go  anywhere  else.  Rather,  start  working  on  your  brotherly  love.   Jesus  promised  that  a  Christian  would  find  a  group  with  the  same  brotherly  love.   If  you  inculcate  that  quality,  you  will  be  successful.

with  affection  from  Marken

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 16, 2011 - 10:33PM #6
acomtha

Hi, I remember the name markin from when I was on several years ago.

It's been about 3 years since I was last on. Anyway, I wanted to say that sometimes there just isn't somewhere that feels right to go to. That is how it has been for me. I will say this, that being that we are not perfect beings there will always be some shortcomings with any group. If one looks for perfection in those around us even concerning brotherly love it will not be found. Be the best you can be and those around you will be better...go where you are most comfortable.

Acomtha

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2011 - 12:53AM #7
older

It is a command that Jesus stated to go and teach all the nations. Teach what: All that Jesus taught them. He taught them My Father is greater than I am....  well we teach it, and almost all the religions do not agree with what Jesus said in that verse.  Now when reading the reports from all the lands , it is an encouragement to see how many more are becomng JWs for they are the peaceable religion. we are ambassadors or envoys, and families of those who are ambassadors. So we represent  the kingdom thatPeter spoke about  at 1 Pet. 2; 9 and 10 or is it 2 Peter?   A specail nation to go forth and tell of the excelelncies of the one who called you out of darkness intohis wonderful light. 

The darkness is Satans system of nations  whichAdamand Eves descendaents  establisned and Jehovah set in their respective places, meaning they have some authrity, but always  Jehovahs authority is the highest.  As an ambassador we do not vote nor take part in the politics of any land. This allows us to always be untited in a bond of love, and mercy even for our enemies. If you stay IN the natios you are on Satans side.you are to be transferred  Into Jehovahs kingdom. Col 1: 13.  God and begin learning all over again. Be among the peaceable. There are a few other religons that are  peaceable, but they do not go and teach.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2011 - 12:55AM #8
older

When someone comes back into Jehovahs kingdom we welcome them if they have shown repentance by attending and studying and  living correctly. we then welcome you with teahs of happiness.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2011 - 1:06AM #9
older

Who will live in heaven? Jesus stated  blessed are those persecuted for  rightousnes sake, theirs is the kingdom of the heavens.

so unless one has been tested and proved worthy in Gods and Christs measurement  they who think they are bound for heaven do not get to choose.It is not their place tochoose where they will live. Many obviously  have partaken  having  much misundersanding.  The era of the choosing was during the 1st century and that was  an urgent time for Jer uaelm would be destroyed. The era now of choosing is alsourgent for the nations will be destroyed, and some already have been, and the people of those fallen nations have suffered greatly .  JWs do not call those thngs doctrine, but rather an understanding.  To be one of JWs means one must obey  our king Jesus Christ, who has  the same  purpose and his  Father , Jehovah.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2011 - 1:14AM #10
older

Brotherly love  must include peole of all nations. Jesus sent them to all the nations. When the wars were going on among so called Christian nations  JWs by obedience to Christ did not get involved. So the truth saved  millions of lives. Now the time is even more urgent before all the nations fall.  Do you care enough for other fellow humans to teach them? It is one way of having brotherly love. And in no way is spiritualitym measured by  reports. A disobedient person might  report, and not have  spirituallity. Only Jehovah knows their hearts.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook