Switch to Forum Live View Segment on the Leininger case
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2011 - 5:57PM #1
DotNotInOz

If you get OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) keep an eye out for the Miracle Detectives show featuring the James Leininger case. There are video highlights available on the OWN website but not the entire episode.

The segment has some different information about the case that I've not encountered elsewhere, including an interview with Navy pilot James Houston Jr.'s only surviving sister. Also, the watercolor of her brother to which she refers is shown. If I recall correctly, Houston's sister, Anne Barron, has since died so this is a very interesting interview.

The show also does an intriguing comparison between the video of James Leininger at nearly age 3 doing a pre-flight check on a WW2 plane like Houston flew and three other 3-year-old boys shown a plane to see if Leininger's approach to the plane could have been simply toddler curiosity.

One little boy had no interest whatsoever in it. One looked at it briefly and had enough. The third went all around it asking what various parts were.

I won't spoil the results of the comparison for you but will say that young James Leininger's dealings with the plane seemed to me markedly different although shown so briefly on this show that you really don't get a good sense of the difference.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook