Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Author suggestions alternate to SRW
3 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2011 - 9:28AM #21
Innerpoint

Dec 6, 2011 -- 4:20PM, Eveningstar69 wrote:

Alright, well it took becoming sick to slow me down from 90mph to 70mph. I figure I can use this time to sit here and respond as I go through yet another box of tissues, or seeing as I am a college student, roll of toilet paper.

Now in answer to: "Wicca is a religion predicated on fact and practice.  So, where would faith and belief fall within those parameters?"

They wouldn't Wicca is an orthopraxy. 

Yes, Wicca is an orthopraxy.  Even with that, you have to have faith in what you're doing, though.  The nuances and the semantics of the words are extremely important in the thought that is going into Wiccan practices. 

So, since you're sick and shivering, keeping an eye out to the west looking for the snow that's supposed to be blowing across just a little short of your area and your mind has slowed down a bit, do you want to expand on your answer a little more?   Remember, when thinking outside the box, said box still has corners and a bottom you can't always see around.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2011 - 8:24PM #22
Eveningstar69

Dec 7, 2011 -- 9:28AM, Innerpoint wrote:

Dec 6, 2011 -- 4:20PM, Eveningstar69 wrote:

Alright, well it took becoming sick to slow me down from 90mph to 70mph. I figure I can use this time to sit here and respond as I go through yet another box of tissues, or seeing as I am a college student, roll of toilet paper.

Now in answer to: "Wicca is a religion predicated on fact and practice.  So, where would faith and belief fall within those parameters?"

They wouldn't Wicca is an orthopraxy. 

Yes, Wicca is an orthopraxy.  Even with that, you have to have faith in what you're doing, though.  The nuances and the semantics of the words are extremely important in the thought that is going into Wiccan practices. 

So, since you're sick and shivering, keeping an eye out to the west looking for the snow that's supposed to be blowing across just a little short of your area and your mind has slowed down a bit, do you want to expand on your answer a little more?   Remember, when thinking outside the box, said box still has corners and a bottom you can't always see around.

Orthopraxy - greek for "correct/proper action/practice"
Wicca is a Mystery Religion.
In order to understand a mystery you have to experience it.
Wicca is a way of life.
In order to understand life you have to experiences it.
Wicca cannot be taught, but must be experienced.
In order to create experience you have to iniate action.
Through proper action you can experience life, the mysteries, and Wicca. Thus Wicca is Orthopraxy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2011 - 8:26PM #23
Eveningstar69

experience* initiate* sp errors >.<

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook