Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: his sunday morn i attended the unity church of montclair nj servcie... let me tell a bit about it.
3 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 4:00PM #1
Peter_d_roman

peace and goodwill to all and a prayer for super blessings be gifted  to every meek and humble heart'd followers of Yesh'wa Bar Yahweh Way of  Faithful Way no matter what faith system you they may hold fast to!

its been nearly a year since i last attended any community worship  servcie and a dear hearted  internet friend of mine recently  roundaboutly suggested that maybe its time i do so again-

it is good to be with good friendly spirit-filled folk for song  and common prayer and this unity church was that in aces.

but they as everything else on this side of heavens gates  did have its down side as well -

in this posting i hope to show some of both of those  sides as honestly and lovingly as i am able to.

firstly, i learned of " the unity church" ( no relationship to the  unitarian church) as i looked deeper into the history of a  nondenominational spiritual text called " a course in miracles"-

the two do not seem to be directly related to each other but as truth  often supports truth wherever it is they may intersect with each other   these two share some threads with each other.

the text acim  itself is discussed and taught each week in this churches meeting room-

but this  sunday worship  church service itself  pulled its general  teachings from many  spiritual  books and spiritual teachers from the  world over and those various  teachings were given equal respect  and  validity.

at this mornings servcie  there were about 80 to 100 or so folks of all ages and genders and ethnic heritages in attendance-

the chief minister was a lady ( i always like to see that ) and she  spoke lovingly and as truthfully as she was able to and the sanctuary  was filled with Our Fathers Holy Spirit itself.

what this servcie seemed to lack was a firm commitment to TRUTH 100%   although they were committed to truth more then many bible centered  church community services that attend in the past were.

for instance they did correctly use ALL of Our Father Gifted Truth to  human kind bestowed the world over- but they would NOT called Our  Creator Father " father"  in felt out of some rejection of historical  patriarch oppression-

to my heart Our Creator FATHER IS what He BE 100% and not acknowledging THAT TRUTH is very close to denying it.

for me the very best part of the entire servcie that NOT ONCE was the  impostor paul or  any of  his pharisee based anti-gosple message spoken  of at all at any time and THAT to me was GREAT !

still and all that blessing  was not worth Our Father being given short shrift as He was -

nor the fact that although  Our Savior Brother Teachings and His Lords Prayer was a part of the servcie literature-

His Mighty Name Yesh'wa BAR Yahweh Messiah or even jesus the chist  was not spoken so to my estimation THE Greatest Measure of The Holy  Sprite was not in attendance for long ether.

i guess that was what made it a NONDENOMINATIONAL worship servcie and not a christian one.

by and large i think theirs is a great and fulfilled community that  one day may yet find 100% Truth in The Things that needs no less to be  effectiveness in this day and age-

but until then i do not think i will return to there sunday morning  worship gatherings but i do still  plan to attend tomorrow evenings acim  teaching there for at least the one class so i can base my assessment  of " the course in miracles " text  first hand and directly.

please feel free to comment as you wish- and thanks in advance for doing so.

peace and good and tons o'love

yours truly

peter the roman

>p

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 4:57PM #2
Myownpath

Unity in my opinion is on of the most loving churches around.

"to my heart Our Creator FATHER IS what He BE 100% and not acknowledging THAT TRUTH is very close to denying it."

Yes Unity does not call God Father, but "Father, Mother, God." In Unity God does not have a sex like male or female. To call God a man does come from outdated patriarchial views.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 5:25PM #3
Peter_d_roman

thanks for your reply and for confirming to me what my heart told me what i was  feeling  then-

but i do agree that there was /  is much love, truth and goodness there and no reasons that i could see that would keep anyone there from becoming 100% complete in Truth.

seems to me that 100% Truth is / needs to be  each of our spiritual goal because ever lie contains measures of truth in it-

but Pure Truth is only Pure Truth.

>p

Apr 3, 2011 -- 4:57PM, Myownpath wrote:

Unity in my opinion is on of the most loving churches around.

"to my heart Our Creator FATHER IS what He BE 100% and not acknowledging THAT TRUTH is very close to denying it."

Yes Unity does not call God Father, but "Father, Mother, God." In Unity God does not have a sex like male or female. To call God a man does come from outdated patriarchial views.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2011 - 4:20PM #4
Bob_Bennett

Hello Peter,

I used to belong to Unity while I was learning the Course.  I recommend it to those who are in need of an organized religion.

However, it is not the Course, and so I ask you where are you intending to go with this thread?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2011 - 4:40PM #5
Peter_d_roman

nowhere is intended bob-

just passing on what my heart tells me may be a good idea...

>p

Apr 15, 2011 -- 4:20PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

Hello Peter,

I used to belong to Unity while I was learning the Course.  I recommend it to those who are in need of an organized religion.

However, it is not the Course, and so I ask you where are you intending to go with this thread?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2011 - 5:21PM #6
Bob_Bennett

Hello Peter,

It might be an altogether better idea to post it on a Unity board.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2011 - 5:33PM #7
Peter_d_roman

hi bob i stopped post here weeks ago-iv just been replied...

i can see that there is nothing in this community that is good for me to grow by

>p

Apr 18, 2011 -- 5:21PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

Hello Peter,

It might be an altogether better idea to post it on a Unity board.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 6:23PM #8
Bob_Bennett

Peter,

Best wishes on your journey to a new faith.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook