Switch to Forum Live View hi board - i am hopeing to being a regulor here...
4 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2011 - 1:20PM #1
Peter_d_roman

hi -

im new to learning of this acim  community and i like a lot ( but not all ) of what i have learned of it so far.

im looking foreword to dialoging with active and would be members of this board and group.

peace and good and tons o'love

yours truly

peter the roman

>p
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2011 - 6:46PM #2
Bob_Bennett

Hello Peter,

I have seen hundreds of your posts on the Christian boards.  How far along have you gotten in studying the Course?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2011 - 7:02PM #3
Myownpath

If only to learn that your comment on your status " i do declare that from this day on i am Our Savior Brothers worthless but faithful   apprentice." is a bunch of hooey, your time with ACIM will be well spent.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 3:26PM #4
Peter_d_roman

hi again bob-

thanks for your taking the time to view my still maturing postings-

im hoping to one day get en closer to fullest right!

as far as the acim goes im at page 103 and i find it both outstanding on the one hand and lacking / needing  of further corrections on the other -

things like  "the trinity" ( false doctrine started long into the churches history) , Our  Savior Brothers  TRUE  Name and Title Yesh'wa BAR Yahweh The Messiah from Nazareth ....

i would like to talk about this things with you if you would not mind- but i am planing on attending a local group i learn of here to learn more on my own...

>p

quote author=33659257 post=491154665]

Hello Peter,

I have seen hundreds of your posts on the Christian boards.  How far along have you gotten in studying the Course?

[/quote]

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 3:45PM #5
Peter_d_roman

i dont know if you are a sir or miss but ether way you are rude and insulting- if yours is the fruit of acim them clearly its not worth further consideration due to your clearly spiritual barrenness .

" a bunch of huuie" you say ?!?

will the good news here is that i am not in a place were i can place my foot from needing to be surgically removed from your butt pal- but if you say stuff like that in others company - well we do gather what we sow dont we.

that heading you dismissed in that way that you did  is an honest expression of my  looking  to Yesh'wa The Messiah from Nazareth  as best as i am able too to learn of His Way directly to become  " fit"  for entry into The New Life we all have waiting for us to enter into-

and then folks like you with your slinging hurtful words to honest efforts have me stepping spiritual back showing me i have more personal work to get done for my heart to get fully right.

well thanks for keeping me from wasting even on more second here because if this acim has taught you to say as you do it is worthless.

yours truly

peter the roman

>p

Apr 1, 2011 -- 7:02PM, Myownpath wrote:

If only to learn that your comment on your status " i do declare that from this day on i am Our Savior Brothers worthless but faithful   apprentice." is a bunch of hooey, your time with ACIM will be well spent.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 11:31AM #6
Myownpath

Notice I quoted your words from your personal profile with the word WORTHLESS  underlined. Perhaps you overlooked this? What I am saying is that your perception of being worthless is an untruth that you have told yourself. According to ACIM you being worthless is the furthest from the truth. Perhaps in a year of time you will heal yourself from feeling worthless and embrace the perpective of your worthiness/"true spiritual nature" as taught in ACIM. The view that someone is worthless is psychologically unsound and destructive. It is emotional abuse. Why embrace a view that is less than loving? My comment was not an attack on you but you have viewed it as such. You chose to attack first rather than seek clarity and understanding. You can choose this (your respnse) or choose something else - peace.

Apr 2, 2011 -- 3:45PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:

i dont know if you are a sir or miss but ether way you are rude and insulting- if yours is the fruit of acim them clearly its not worth further consideration due to your clearly spiritual barrenness .

will the good news here is that i am not in a place were i can place my foot from needing to be surgically removed from your butt pal- but if you say stuff like that in others company - well we do gather what we sow dont we.

You have misread my response and have responsed in attack. This is an act of the ego and not love. In fact your response is something that I would never even consider saying to someone else. I'm frankly surprised that this has come from a Christian.  Read lesson 135.

If you percieve that someone has cut you off in traffic, you can assume the following. 1. The person is an ass and should have a foot shoved up their butt. (Is this the most loving response you can extend?It is a reflection of your own self perception.) 2. Consider that it wasn't really the other person cutting you off. Opps you forgot to turn on your headlights. 3. The person has an emergency situation and use compassion. 4. Consider that the person is having some sort of challenge and has nothing to do with you personally. 5. Disregard it completely and forget about it since it does not reflect anything personal towards you.

Back in my Unity days, I asked God to show me an example of evil. I was really nervous for the next few days. Nothing dramatic happened instead it was ssubtle situation most people overlook. One day, I returned to my car in a parking lot and noticed that someone put a shopping car between my car and the car next to mine. It was oddly placed horizontally perpendicular to my car. I had to lift and turn it slowly to get it out of the way. It was so oddly lodged and really ticked me off. When I finally got it out I put it behind the car next to me.  Usually I always walk it back to the store, but I was mad. Why I assumed the next owner of the car put it there I don't know why. not alot of other people in that part of the lot. Anger has a way of distorting the truth.  Then, I hear screaming in the distance and this guy comes from across the parking lot yelling" Don't put that behind my car!!! with many other swear words. I told him it was wedged between the cars. I wasn't my cart and I didn't put it there in the first place. (notice I didn't say cheerfully, I'm sorry, here I'll move it -  which would have dissapated any tension.) He grabbed the cart and forcefully pushed in into the empty parking space across the aisle. As he did so, he walked back to his car and I notice the cart slammed into a car giving it a big dent. I told him you just dented that car. "No I didn't" he said. I said yes, look! He did and yelled back at me "OK lady!" Got in his car and drove away. I noticed that a van parked nearby was pulling away and a boy was watching us the whole time. Since I was in the store for less than ten minutes and was parked far back in the lot with only a few other cars. Guess what, my best bet is that the kid or the parent was the one who lodged the cart.  (What went on with them or whoever did this that they were not attentive enough to walk the cart back to the store? rushing, laziness, lack of consideration for the owners of the cars? Subtle forms of lack of love.?) I imagined the person returning to their car from the store and seeing their dented car and going home ticked off and maybe kicking the dog or yelling at their spouse and then that person going to work the next day and lashing out at a co-worker. (Unless the person could choose otherwise.)

That's true evil (ego) - a nasty cycle that people do nasty things to each other and then they do it to another and another. It gets passed only like a virus. Spread from one person to another. Here's the thing, we can choose to continue the cycle and act unconsciously by saying things like I wish I could stick my foot up your butt, and think it's really the other person or we can use more skilled behavior and choose to come from a place of love.

that heading you dismissed in that way that you did  is an honest expression of my  looking  to Yesh'wa The Messiah from Nazareth  as best as i am able too to learn of His Way directly to become  " fit"  for entry into The New Life we all have waiting for us to enter into-

This is not ACIM. ACIM is not about tearing down your self-esteem, belittling yourself. This comes from the ego. A child raised with such unloving thoughts will surely have a hard life and think everyone else is to blame and that they are a victim (of the circumstances they see.)

and then folks like you with your slinging hurtful words to honest efforts have me stepping spiritual back showing me i have more personal work to get done for my heart to get fully right.

Yes people who tick you off are your saviors. They show you that you still have lots of healing to do. You recognize this, but yet you still decided to post your egoic words. Everything is either love or a call for love and a cry for help. 

well thanks for keeping me from wasting even on more second here because if this acim has taught you to say as you do it is worthless.

I suggest you read and study LOVE IS LETTING GO OF FEAR  by Jampolsky. ACIM can be a complex read. My guess is that you have not gotten very far with ACIM and I think this will simplify some parts of ACIM

yours truly

peter the roman

>p

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 2:02PM #7
Peter_d_roman

thank you for the kindness  of your thoughtful reply-

i am sorry for the harshness of my earlier reply and my verbal attack of what i read as being  your provocation and diminishing my honest and heart felt belief.

i attended a unity church service this morning and i will be writing about that visit in my bnet j- blog later this day-

suffice to say at this time that i believe there is a very fine line that separates personal humility and personal arrogance -

that the one is good and spirit enabling as the other is anti-good and spirit repelling.

i understand that the unity church looks at the universe as a " one sided thing" by rest assured that The One True God has many phony pretenders and wanna bees we must be on he look our for and do well to avoid -

anyway that is how i see Our Father God Created universe from the eyes that i have been giving-

and i thank you for sharing what your eyes see with me..

yours truly

peter the roman

>p

Apr 3, 2011 -- 11:31AM, Myownpath wrote:

Notice I quoted your words from your personal profile with the word WORTHLESS  underlined. Perhaps you overlooked this? What I am saying is that your perception of being worthless is an untruth that you have told yourself. According to ACIM you being worthless is the furthest from the truth. Perhaps in a year of time you will heal yourself from feeling worthless and embrace the perpective of your worthiness/"true spiritual nature" as taught in ACIM. The view that someone is worthless is psychologically unsound and destructive. It is emotional abuse. Why embrace a view that is less than loving? My comment was not an attack on you but you have viewed it as such. You chose to attack first rather than seek clarity and understanding. You can choose this (your respnse) or choose something else - peace.

Apr 2, 2011 -- 3:45PM, Peter_d_roman wrote:

You have misread my response and have responsed in attack. This is an act of the ego and not love. In fact your response is something that I would never even consider saying to someone else. I'm frankly surprised that this has come from a Christian.  Read lesson 135.

If you percieve that someone has cut you off in traffic, you can assume the following. 1. The person is an ass and should have a foot shoved up their butt. (Is this the most loving response you can extend?It is a reflection of your own self perception.) 2. Consider that it wasn't really the other person cutting you off. Opps you forgot to turn on your headlights. 3. The person has an emergency situation and use compassion. 4. Consider that the person is having some sort of challenge and has nothing to do with you personally. 5. Disregard it completely and forget about it since it does not reflect anything personal towards you.

Back in my Unity days, I asked God to show me an example of evil. I was really nervous for the next few days. Nothing dramatic happened instead it was ssubtle situation most people overlook. One day, I returned to my car in a parking lot and noticed that someone put a shopping car between my car and the car next to mine. It was oddly placed horizontally perpendicular to my car. I had to lift and turn it slowly to get it out of the way. It was so oddly lodged and really ticked me off. When I finally got it out I put it behind the car next to me.  Usually I always walk it back to the store, but I was mad. Why I assumed the next owner of the car put it there I don't know why. not alot of other people in that part of the lot. Anger has a way of distorting the truth.  Then, I hear screaming in the distance and this guy comes from across the parking lot yelling" Don't put that behind my car!!! with many other swear words. I told him it was wedged between the cars. I wasn't my cart and I didn't put it there in the first place. (notice I didn't say cheerfully, I'm sorry, here I'll move it -  which would have dissapated any tension.) He grabbed the cart and forcefully pushed in into the empty parking space across the aisle. As he did so, he walked back to his car and I notice the cart slammed into a car giving it a big dent. I told him you just dented that car. "No I didn't" he said. I said yes, look! He did and yelled back at me "OK lady!" Got in his car and drove away. I noticed that a van parked nearby was pulling away and a boy was watching us the whole time. Since I was in the store for less than ten minutes and was parked far back in the lot with only a few other cars. Guess what, my best bet is that the kid or the parent was the one who lodged the cart.  (What went on with them or whoever did this that they were not attentive enough to walk the cart back to the store? rushing, laziness, lack of consideration for the owners of the cars? Subtle forms of lack of love.?) I imagined the person returning to their car from the store and seeing their dented car and going home ticked off and maybe kicking the dog or yelling at their spouse and then that person going to work the next day and lashing out at a co-worker. (Unless the person could choose otherwise.)

That's true evil (ego) - a nasty cycle that people do nasty things to each other and then they do it to another and another. It gets passed only like a virus. Spread from one person to another. Here's the thing, we can choose to continue the cycle and act unconsciously by saying things like I wish I could stick my foot up your butt, and think it's really the other person or we can use more skilled behavior and choose to come from a place of love.

This is not ACIM. ACIM is not about tearing down your self-esteem, belittling yourself. This comes from the ego. A child raised with such unloving thoughts will surely have a hard life and think everyone else is to blame and that they are a victim (of the circumstances they see.)

Yes people who tick you off are your saviors. They show you that you still have lots of healing to do. You recognize this, but yet you still decided to post your egoic words. Everything is either love or a call for love and a cry for help. 

I suggest you read and study LOVE IS LETTING GO OF FEAR  by Jampolsky. ACIM can be a complex read. My guess is that you have not gotten very far with ACIM and I think this will simplify some parts of ACIM

yours truly

peter the roman

>p

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2011 - 5:41PM #8
Bob_Bennett

Hi Peter,

This is not intended to be a debate board, and as of yet ACIM does not  have a debate board.

The original intention was for students of the Course to ask one another questions about the meaning of the various passages in the three volumes (now up to five books).

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook